none
TRACKER : error TRK0002 in Visual Studio 2015 when building the avhws sample from the Windows Driver Kit (WDK) 10 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm having build errors in Visual Studio 2015 with the avhws sample in the Windows Driver Kit (WDK) 10:

TRACKER : error TRK0002: Failed to execute command: ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\inf2cat.exe" /os:10_x64 /driver:x64\Release\avshws\". The operation identifier is not valid.

I dialled up the build verbosity to "Diagnostic" (Tools|Options ==> Projects and Solutions, Build and Run, MSBuild project build output verbosity) and discovered this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Tracker.exe /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\FileTracker.dll" /i C:\Users\dbrock\Documents\MySotwareProjects\drivers\Windows-driver-samples-master\avstream\avshws\Release\avshws.tlog /r C:\USERS\DBROCK\DOCUMENTS\MYSOTWAREPROJECTS\DRIVERS\WINDOWS-DRIVER-SAMPLES-MASTER\AVSTREAM\AVSHWS\RELEASE\AVSHWS\ /b MSBuildConsole_CancelEvent5825b16a8b284d4cb8b35cb08f7720c6  /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\inf2cat.exe"  /os:10_x86 /driver:Release\avshws\  (TaskId:71)

I still can't figure this out though. The command portion (after /c) works fine if I cut'n'paste it on a command line:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\inf2cat.exe"  /os:10_x86 /driver:Release\avshws\

I've also run the the Tracker.exe portion from the command line without the /c & /b switches, and that works fine too (Tracker.exe outputs help) so it doesn't seem to be a path problem:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Tracker.exe" /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\FileTracker.dll" /i C:\Users\dbrock\Documents\MySotwareProjects\drivers\Windows-driver-samples-master\avstream\avshws\Release\avshws.tlog /r C:\USERS\DBROCK\DOCUMENTS\MYSOTWAREPROJECTS\DRIVERS\WINDOWS-DRIVER-SAMPLES-MASTER\AVSTREAM\AVSHWS\RELEASE\AVSHWS\

I did notice a new folder in my MSBuild folder after installing WDK 10:

C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\15.0

It contains a folder with a bunch of FileTracker<>.dlls. I tried the ones at the top of the FileTracker folder, but no joy:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\14.0\bin\Tracker.exe" /d "C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\15.0\FileTracker\FileTracker64.dll" /i C:\Users\dbrock\Documents\MySotwareProjects\drivers\Windows-driver-samples-master\avstream\avshws\Release\avshws.tlog /r C:\USERS\DBROCK\DOCUMENTS\MYSOTWAREPROJECTS\DRIVERS\WINDOWS-DRIVER-SAMPLES-MASTER\AVSTREAM\AVSHWS\RELEASE\AVSHWS\ /c "C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86\inf2cat.exe"  /os:10_x86 /driver:Release\avshws\

Putting a full path to the driver folder didn't help either:

/driver:C:\Users\dbrock\Documents\MySotwareProjects\drivers\Windows-driver-samples-master\avstream\avshws\Release\avshws\

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Saturday, July 1, 2017 7:28 PM