how to use Microsoft.VSDesigner RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I need to create a web service reference to a project but it have to be transparent for the final user, what I mean is that for example, the user just type the path where the Webservice is and the application download all the files, generate the reference and recompile the code so it has the new Web service.

So What I need to know is how to generate the Reference.cs, Reference.map and the .datasource files that are generated by the Microsoft.VSDesigner tool.

In the big screen of the project, I need to write a program that allows the user to easyly add new reference or change the actual references of webservices. There is a web application program that automaticly generates webservices for other software’s to use them, so it has to be has dynamic as the web application.

I’ll really appreciate all the help you can give me.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I'm using MS Visual Studio 2010 Express Edition.

Monday, February 13, 2012 5:21 PM

Answers

• I am not familar with the VSDesigner stuff, I don't see anything coming up on an MSDN search, so I suspect it is not intended to be extended/used in the manner you are proposing. Also, since you said you are using Express, as I mentioned in the original post, Express is not extensible, which means you can't add functionality to it to extend its capabilities, which is what it sounds like you want to do.

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ricardo Wing Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:32 AM

All replies

• Problem 1: Express is not extesible.

Problem 2: I don't believe the built in web reference stuff is extensible.

Ryan

Monday, February 13, 2012 11:01 PM
  • So, there is no way I can use the MSDwsigner tool?

If you can provide me with some documentation links i will really appresiated that.

Thanks.

--- Ing. Ricardo Wing Alcázar

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 3:15 PM
  • I am not familar with the VSDesigner stuff, I don't see anything coming up on an MSDN search, so I suspect it is not intended to be extended/used in the manner you are proposing. Also, since you said you are using Express, as I mentioned in the original post, Express is not extensible, which means you can't add functionality to it to extend its capabilities, which is what it sounds like you want to do.

Ryan

• Marked as answer by Ricardo Wing Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:05 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 3:32 AM
  • Thanks for the responses, 

I guess I have to give my solution a new aproach then.

--- Ing. Ricardo Wing Alcázar

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:05 PM