appx package submission error RRS feed

• Question

• We tried to submit Windows App package and get error.

Package acceptance validation error: You don't have permissions to specify the following namespaces in the appx manifest file of the package morro-connect.appx: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities

Package acceptance validation error: Your developer account doesn’t have permission to submit apps converted with the Desktop Bridge at this time. https://aka.ms/desktopbridgeforwindowsstore

Then I chatted with support personel, and he said "This would mean you included a capability or feature in your manifest which your account does not have permission to use. Now this would be under development, so you would need to contact our technical forums for further details on the specifics", and refer link to this forum.

I like to know what was wrong and what to fix.

Friday, August 25, 2017 7:30 PM

All replies

• Hello,

To publish desktop converted UWP app, you will need to fill out and submit this form. The Desktop Bridge team then review it to make sure it has all of the information needed to move forward.

Once your information is verified, they move forwards having it assigned out and have you contacted to be worked with.

You may post your update here so that I know if you need further assistance. I will monitor your thread until your app gets published.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Mattew Wu Friday, September 1, 2017 1:21 AM
    Monday, August 28, 2017 2:22 AM
  • Hi Mattew,

Thanks for response.

Of course we filled out the form you specified. And received email after several hours. And we clicked "I'm Ready to Publish" button in email. Then received the second email saying "Your next step is to register on the Dev Center". We had already created Dev Center account, so just jump to submission.

Do you mean after we received this email, we need to wait extra days for MS to verify?

Thanks,

Monday, August 28, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Hello,

Yes, that email just tells you that you need a Windows Store developer account for ready to publish.

To acquire the permission to publish desktop bridge app, you need wait for a Microsoft representative from Desktop Bridge side to contact you. The review process usually takes several business days.

If you still don't receive response after a few days, please feel free to let me know and may also share your App Name and publisher name here.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Mattew Wu Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:51 AM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 1:50 AM
  • Thanks. We have received response. Sorry seems like we are impatient.

Friday, September 1, 2017 1:08 AM
  • Boa tarde. Eu também estou aguardando o contato do pessoal da Microsoft.

Recebi a seguinte mensagem ao enviar o meu appx (convertido pelo Desktop Bridge App Converter):

Erro de validação de aceitação do pacote: Você não tem permissões para especificar os seguintes namespaces no arquivo de manifesto appx do pacote Teocratico.appx: restricted namespace: http://schemas.microsoft.com/appx/manifest/foundation/windows10/restrictedcapabilities

Erro de validação de aceitação do pacote: Your developer account doesn’t have permission to submit apps converted with the Desktop Bridge at this time. https://aka.ms/desktopbridgeforwindowsstore

Será que vai demorar muito?

Thursday, February 1, 2018 6:43 PM