none
Xbox UWP Games, how to get mouse input? RRS feed

• Question

• i'm using Windows::Devices::Input::MouseCapabilities which gave me 1 on windows 10, and always return 0 on xboxone

how can i get mouse work with uwp games? thanks

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:06 AM

Answers

All replies

• What UWP app model are you using? DirectX+XAML, XAML, or DirectX?

Are you referring to the "MousePresent" property?

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 5:20 PM
  • What UWP app model are you using? DirectX+XAML, XAML, or DirectX?

Are you referring to the "MousePresent" property?

hi walbourn, i'm using UWP XAML on xboxone, i can't get mouse input event either use CoreWindow->PointerMoved Or using Windows.Devices.Input.MouseDevice->MouseMoved on xboxone, do you have any ideas how to make it works?
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:04 PM
  • Sorry, I just confirmed that in general mouse support is not available for UWP on Xbox One. "Mouse" is emulated via the game controller for XAML.

I've asked the feature owner to update the documentation to indicate this.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:25 PM
  • Sorry, I just confirmed that in general mouse support is not available for UWP on Xbox One. "Mouse" is emulated via the game controller for XAML.

I've asked the feature owner to update the documentation to indicate this.

gocha, thanks.
    Tuesday, January 22, 2019 6:43 PM

• Recently, Microsoft released a keyboard and mouse for the Xbox One, and several games work with it.   Is it still the case the mouse support is not available for Xbox One?

I'm using DirectX+XAML via UWP...  It is possible that mouse is supported via DirectX?

This is a really big deal for me, any pointers (no pun intended) would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Eric.

Tuesday, May 7, 2019 5:19 PM