none
Azure - You don't have any subscriptions - CSP Customer RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a customer using a CSP sandbox account and added 2 Microsoft Azure Subscriptions.

However, when I login to Azure portal, I don't see any subscriptions. I found the "You don't have any subscriptions" message.
    https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_Azure_Billing/SubscriptionsBlade

BUT when I login as delegated administrator (CSP sandbox account) my subscriptions are visible.

Why is it so? and what I have to do to make my subscriptions visible to the customer account?

Rizwan Ahmed. Software Engineer - Microsoft Lync | Exchange | SharePoint | Blackberry Enterprise Server | .NET

• Edited by itsrizi Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:31 PM capitalization
    Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Rizwan Ahmed,

Thank you for contacting us!

Actually, the behavior is "by design". When a CSP partner provisions an Azure CSP subscription for a customer, 2 things happen:

• First, the subscription is created in the customer tenant.
    • Next, the AdminAgents group in the partner tenant is assigned Owner role to the subscription.

In other words, by default, only members of the AdminAgents group in the partner tenant has access to the CSP subscription, even though the subscription resides in the customer tenant.

If you want to give your customer access to the Azure subscription, the most straightforward approach is to use Azure Preview Portal. Here's what you can do:

1. Login to Partner Center using an AdminAgent credential.
    2. From the partner center, select the customer tenant and click on "Azure Management Portal". This should take you to Azure Preview Portal in the context of the customer's tenant.
    3. Go to Browse All -> Subscriptions.
    4. Click on the CSP subscription to bring up the Subscription blade.
    5. In the blade, there is an Access tile. Click on Contributor.
    6. Click Add.
    7. Search for the your customer's user account.
    8. Pick the user account and click Select.

Now, the user account you selected in the customer tenant is granted Contributor role to the subscription. If the customer logins, he/she will be able to create/manage Azure resources under that subscription.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If this post was helpful to you, please upvote it and/or mark it as an answer so others can more easily find it in the future.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Rizwan Ahmed,

Thank you for contacting us!

Actually, the behavior is "by design". When a CSP partner provisions an Azure CSP subscription for a customer, 2 things happen:

• First, the subscription is created in the customer tenant.
    • Next, the AdminAgents group in the partner tenant is assigned Owner role to the subscription.

In other words, by default, only members of the AdminAgents group in the partner tenant has access to the CSP subscription, even though the subscription resides in the customer tenant.

If you want to give your customer access to the Azure subscription, the most straightforward approach is to use Azure Preview Portal. Here's what you can do:

1. Login to Partner Center using an AdminAgent credential.
    2. From the partner center, select the customer tenant and click on "Azure Management Portal". This should take you to Azure Preview Portal in the context of the customer's tenant.
    3. Go to Browse All -> Subscriptions.
    4. Click on the CSP subscription to bring up the Subscription blade.
    5. In the blade, there is an Access tile. Click on Contributor.
    6. Click Add.
    7. Search for the your customer's user account.
    8. Pick the user account and click Select.

Now, the user account you selected in the customer tenant is granted Contributor role to the subscription. If the customer logins, he/she will be able to create/manage Azure resources under that subscription.

Hope this helps!

Best Regards

Sadiqh Ahmed
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If this post was helpful to you, please upvote it and/or mark it as an answer so others can more easily find it in the future.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016 6:52 AM
  • Thanks, it worked!
    If you please guide me is this process possible through Microsoft Partner SDK or API?

Rizwan Ahmed. Software Engineer - Microsoft Lync | Exchange | SharePoint | Blackberry Enterprise Server | .NET

Friday, June 17, 2016 9:14 AM
  • Hello Rizwan, ,  hope you could answer this.  As a PARTNER CENTER ADMIN,  I can't the AZURE SUBSCRIPTIONS created for the EXISTING CSP CUSTOMER that has other subscriptions such as O365, D365. 

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Login-AzureRmAccount -TenantId 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX74' -SubscriptionId 'XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXB74'
    Login-AzureRmAccount : The provided account {PARTNER CENTER ADMIN EMAIL} does not have access to subscription ID 
    "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB74". Please try logging in with different credentials or a 
    different subscription ID.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Login-AzureRmAccount -TenantId 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx74' ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [Add-AzureRmAccount], PSInvalidOperationException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Profile.AddAzureRMAccountCommand

I created several azure subscriptions to make sure.  When I login through Partner Center admin, I get a message, you don't have any subscription 

When I try to visit  https://portal.azure.TENENT.onmicrosoft.com,  page doesn't exist error!!!  This has happened to me once before for another customer.  AZURE SUPPORT didn't help solve this problem. I had to create a duplicate customer name and then proceeded.   This is the second time its happened.  So far Azure support didn't respond. They said that the case is routed to appropriate CSP team!!!!!!!  Any insight into this would be really helpful.  Is it a bug? 

Sunday, September 24, 2017 8:38 PM