none
Biztalk 2013 R2 - Add Generated Items Error - Connecting to the LOB system has failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have setup a new biztalk development server with below configuration.
         Biztalk 2013 R2
         Oracle client 12.1
         Visual studio 2013

Getting following error when I tried to generate oracle database schema through "Add generated items ---> Add adapter metadata ---> Wcf-oracleDB ----> entered connection parameters..."

Connecting to the LOB system has failed.
    Could not load file or assembly 'Oracle.DataAccess, Version=2.111.7.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89b483f429c47342' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..

Thank you for your suggestions on resolving this.

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:34 PM

Answers

• Hi Aman

Can you check in GAC for the version of Oracle.DataAccess installed?

You may be running into the issue Sandro described here-

https://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/biztalk-could-not-load-file-or-assembly-oracle-dataaccess-version2-111-7-0-cultureneutral-publickeytoken89b483f429c47342-or-one-of-its-dependencies-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified/

CAUSE

When installing the Oracle WCF Adapter for BizTalk there is a design time requirement to use Oracle.DataAccess Version 2.111.7.0.

Official the Oracle 11g R2 is not supported and again according to official documentation I should use one of the supported clients. However my client only had access to this version and did not want to use another. Although not officially supported you can connect to Oracle 11g R2 database and use Oracle 11g R2 client with minor configuration adjustments.

SOLUTION

One possible solution to fix this problem is configuring Assembly Binding Redirection in the machine configuration file (Machine.config):

• 32-bit: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[version]\config\machine.config
    • 64-bit: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\[version]\config\machine.config

Note: You should apply this in both 32 and 64-bit machine configuration files.

By using the <assemblyBinding> Element for <runtime> that will contain all the information about assembly version redirection and the locations of assemblies.

In this case you should apply the following configurations:

<runtime>
            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Oracle.DataAccess"
              publicKeyToken="89b483f429c47342" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.111.7.0" newVersion="2.112.1.2" />
          </dependentAssembly>
           </assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

Just to be sure, I add this configuration in both 32 and 64-bit in .NET Framework 2.0 and 4.0 machine configuration files.

Note: Check the version of Oracle.DataAccess in your GAC, and use that same version in the newVersion value here-

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.111.7.0" newVersion="" />

Thanks Arindam

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Aman

Can you check in GAC for the version of Oracle.DataAccess installed?

You may be running into the issue Sandro described here-

https://sandroaspbiztalkblog.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/biztalk-could-not-load-file-or-assembly-oracle-dataaccess-version2-111-7-0-cultureneutral-publickeytoken89b483f429c47342-or-one-of-its-dependencies-the-system-cannot-find-the-file-specified/

CAUSE

When installing the Oracle WCF Adapter for BizTalk there is a design time requirement to use Oracle.DataAccess Version 2.111.7.0.

Official the Oracle 11g R2 is not supported and again according to official documentation I should use one of the supported clients. However my client only had access to this version and did not want to use another. Although not officially supported you can connect to Oracle 11g R2 database and use Oracle 11g R2 client with minor configuration adjustments.

SOLUTION

One possible solution to fix this problem is configuring Assembly Binding Redirection in the machine configuration file (Machine.config):

• 32-bit: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\[version]\config\machine.config
    • 64-bit: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\[version]\config\machine.config

Note: You should apply this in both 32 and 64-bit machine configuration files.

By using the <assemblyBinding> Element for <runtime> that will contain all the information about assembly version redirection and the locations of assemblies.

In this case you should apply the following configurations:

<runtime>
            <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">
                <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="Oracle.DataAccess"
              publicKeyToken="89b483f429c47342" />

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.111.7.0" newVersion="2.112.1.2" />
          </dependentAssembly>
           </assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

Just to be sure, I add this configuration in both 32 and 64-bit in .NET Framework 2.0 and 4.0 machine configuration files.

Note: Check the version of Oracle.DataAccess in your GAC, and use that same version in the newVersion value here-

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="2.111.7.0" newVersion="" />

Thanks Arindam

Friday, July 15, 2016 2:41 PM
  • Thanks a lot Arindam. I will try these suggestions now. Thanks, Aman
    Friday, July 15, 2016 2:57 PM
  • While installing oracle client make sure you selected ODP.NET. That will automatically update machine.config with Oracle.DataAccess.DLL.
    Friday, July 15, 2016 3:01 PM