PSK on GoDaddy with an Access Database setup question. RRS feed

• Question

• User975310540 posted

I am trying to get the Access version of the PSK to work on GoDaddy. Everything works fine on my local machine, but when I upload to GoDaddy and try to run, I get the following error:

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Operation must use an updateable query.

Source Error:

Line 211:                createCommand.Parameters.Add(new OleDbParameter("@LastActivityDate", new DateTime(lastActivityDate.Year, lastActivityDate.Month, lastActivityDate.Day, lastActivityDate.Hour, lastActivityDate.Minute, lastActivityDate.Second)));
    Line 212:
    Line 213: if (createCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() != 0) {
    Line 214: lookupResult = lookupCommand.ExecuteScalar();
    Line 215: if ((lookupResult != null) && (lookupResult is int)) {

Source File: d:\**************\App_Code\AccessConnectionHelper.cs    Line: 213

Does anyone know what this means, I am just a newbie at this stuff, thank you. 

Sunday, April 8, 2007 6:16 PM

All replies

• User1052258516 posted

Either your access database file is readonly or you have not given full control to the account that the ASP.NET worker thread is running under (usually ASPNET or Network Service) for the folder your db is in.  You should be able to do this using your providers control panel.

Hope this helps

Sunday, April 8, 2007 8:10 PM
  • User975310540 posted

Hi, Thanks for the help. I don't see anywhere on the GoDaddy cpntrol panel where I can change permissions for a directory, plus I was under the impression that the APP_Data folder was automatically Read/Write permissable. Anyway, I moved the database to the folder that GoDaddy sets up for Access databases, access_db, and changed the web.config file to point to this. I am now getting the following error:

Exception Details: System.Exception: AccessFile is not valid: d:\hosting\adkhkr1\Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=~\access_db\ASPNetDB.mdb

Source Error:

Line 241:                conn.Open();
    Line 242: } catch {
    Line 243: throw new Exception("AccessFile is not valid: "+fileName);
    Line 244: }
    Line 245: finally {

Source File: d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\AccessConnectionHelper.cs    Line: 243

Stack Trace:

[Exception: AccessFile is not valid: d:\hosting\adkhkr1\Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=~\access_db\ASPNetDB.mdb]
    AccessProviders.AccessConnectionHelper.EnsureValidMdbFile(String fileName) in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\AccessConnectionHelper.cs:243
    AccessProviders.AccessConnectionHelper.BuildConnectionForFileName(String dbFileName) in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\AccessConnectionHelper.cs:84
    AccessProviders.AccessConnectionHelper.GetConnection(String dbFileName, Boolean revertImpersonation) in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\AccessConnectionHelper.cs:131
    AccessProviders.AccessProfileProvider.GetPropertyValuesFromDatabase(String username, SettingsPropertyValueCollection svc) in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\AccessProfileProvider.cs:210
    AccessProviders.AccessProfileProvider.GetPropertyValues(SettingsContext sc, SettingsPropertyCollection properties) in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\AccessProfileProvider.cs:122
    System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(SettingsProvider provider) +410
    System.Configuration.SettingsBase.SetPropertyValueByName(String propertyName, Object propertyValue) +170
    System.Configuration.SettingsBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value) +89
    System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.SetInternal(String propertyName, Object value) +139
    System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.set_Item(String propertyName, Object value) +71
    PageBase.set_StyleSheetTheme(String value) in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\App_Code\PageBase.cs:33
    ASP._default_aspx.FrameworkInitialize() in d:\hosting\adkhkr1\Default.aspx.cs:912305
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +40
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +86
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +18
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +49
    ASP._default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in App_Web_476qe8vc.4.cs:0
    System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +154
    System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +64

The Access file is not read-only, thanks again for your help.

Monday, April 9, 2007 8:35 AM
  • User975310540 posted
    Never mind, I got everything working, thank you for your help.
    Monday, April 9, 2007 11:33 AM