Cannot remove this sync group because one or more databases are currently provisioning, RRS feed

• Question

• I have a problem with a SYNC group within my development Azure Database.

It been stuck in "processing" state last December and has never recovered.

I have since setup a new Sync Group to sync the data between my cloud database and my local database.  The new Sync Group is working properly.

It bothers me that the old one is still out there, and I would just like to remove it, but I get the following error message:

Cannot remove this sync group because one or more databases are currently provisioning, 
    re-provisioning, de-provisioning, canceling sync or synchronizing. TracingId=fe9d220c-56c7-791f-ac0f-ea26989e02a1

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to delete the failed SyncGroup from Azure?

Monday, March 9, 2015 6:19 PM

Answers

• Hi jstevenson72,

How about using the DeprovisioningUtil tool? With DeprovisioningUtil tool , you can manually clean up all objects by running the deprovisioning utility from the same folder where the Data Sync Agent gets installed.

Besides any of the following can result in a failure to delete a sync group.

The client agent is offline. Be sure that the client agent is online then try again. Reference :  SQL Data Sync Troubleshooting Guide.

The client agent is uninstalled or missing.

If the client agent is uninstalled or otherwise missing:

1. Remove agent XML file from the SQL Data Sync (Preview) installation folder if the file exists.

2. Install the agent on same/another on-premise computer, submit the agent key from the portal generated for the agent that’s showing offline.

The SQL Data Sync (Preview) service is stopped.

1. In the Start menu, search on Services.

2. Click Services in the Programs section of the search results.

3. Find the SQL Data Sync (Preview) Preview service.

4. If the service status is Stopped right-click the service name and select Start from the dropdown menu.

• A database is offline.  Check your SQL Database and SQL Server databases to be sure they are all online.

• The sync group is provisioning or synchronizing. Wait until the provisioning or synchronizing process finishes then retry deleting the sync group.

And for Azure issues, I would like to recommend you post the question in the Azure SQL Database forum at https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=ssdsgetstarted. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

There is also a similar thread for your reference.
    https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0c50049-4d20-447e-85f9-904f7d146a40/cannot-remove-a-data-sync-group-even-dropping-the-involved-databases-and-servers?forum=ssdsgetstarted

Thanks,
    Lydia Zhang

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here.

Lydia Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 1:45 AM