none
Unable to install Intel Bluetooth driver in Windows Embedded Standard 7 SP1 Runtime image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi sirs,

I've built a WES7 SP1 Image using "Application Compatibility" Template and manually added all Bluetooth related components and installer related components , but I'm unable to install intel Bluetooth driver , it always roll back at the end of installation

I've tried to install this bluetooth 4.0 driver on Windows 7 Professional and it worked fine.

Has anyone faced problem like this? My bluetooth is Intel AC7260.

Any suggestion is appreciated, thank you!

Steven Ma

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 5:58 AM

Answers

• Application compatibility will have pulled in all of the Feature Packages. Add all the driver packages and re-try the installer again. It might be a non-Bluetooth labeled driver is needed.

Also, try running TAP on the Win 7 Profession, and import the PMQ file into the answer file. Maybe the missing non-core-in-box driver will get pulled in.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:09 PM

All replies

• Do you install all bluetooth driver packages under Package->Drivers->Bluetooth? Do you also add Bluetooth package under Package->FeaturePack->Networking?
    Tuesday, June 10, 2014 9:41 AM
  • Application compatibility will have pulled in all of the Feature Packages. Add all the driver packages and re-try the installer again. It might be a non-Bluetooth labeled driver is needed.

Also, try running TAP on the Win 7 Profession, and import the PMQ file into the answer file. Maybe the missing non-core-in-box driver will get pulled in.

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 3:09 PM
  •  I've already added all the components related to Bluetooth drivers and Bluetooth features in my answer file and also used "Add applicable updates" but that didn't work either.

I did use TAP.exe to get PMQ file from an English Windows 7 Professional with all the drivers installed, I'll try to add all the drivers in ICE to see if it works! Thanks for your suggestions!

I'll report the result after rebuilding another image!

Steven Ma

Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:32 AM
  • After I added all the drivers in ICE, the problem solved! The installation finally ends without error.

Many Thanks! But now I have to find out which component is a needed for installing this Bluetooth driver.

Steven Ma

Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:09 AM
  • There was an answer file diff tool on MSDN, but it has been taken down. I have asked Microsoft to repost it. The tools would help compare two answer file so you can see the differences. Until then you will have to do this one by hand and try several images.

Thursday, June 12, 2014 3:03 PM