SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred.

Question

• I want to create an app-package in VS 2012 RC via Project -> Store -> Create App Packagebut

but I get error.

SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred.

1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft\VisualStudio\v11.0\AppxPackage\Microsoft.AppXPackage.Targets(1103,9): error APPX1204: 'c:\users\誠\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\App1\App1\AppPackages\App1_1.0.0.1_AnyCPU_Debug_Test\App1_1.0.0.1_AnyCPU_Debug.appx' の署名に失敗しました。SignTool Error: An unexpected internal error has occurred.

what is APPX1204

Who knows whats going on there ?

Saturday, June 23, 2012 1:46 AM

All replies

• hello,

could you try creating a metro app in a simple directory like c:\test\app2...etc to see if it related to the localized username?

much appreciated,

mike

Monday, June 25, 2012 11:05 PM
  • Thanks!!

Create project [c:\app1] but Error occurred.

I change another account it is success.

A reason is not known.

Thursday, July 5, 2012 12:45 PM
  • Did you change your user account you use to log into the OS with? Do you get this error when you create and package a brand new project?

Thanks.

Friday, July 6, 2012 11:59 PM
  • old account is A

new account  is B

I create project A account. package account A occured error.

change account B(same OS), I create package same project is success.(created A account)

sorry . I am poor at English.

Monday, July 9, 2012 2:37 AM
  • Using account A, can you try to invoke SignTool.exe directly on the command line and see if you get the same error? To do that, you can open a command prompt then type in the SignTool command. For information on the SignTool commands, see http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8s9b9yaz%28v=VS.80%29.aspx

If you're more comfortable in your native language, please feel free to respond in that language instead. We'll work to translate the response. Thank you.

Monday, July 9, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Something, firewall, router or etc might blocking Windows Store.

I had same problem today at company then i switched to 3G. After connection internet with 3g i could access Sign Tool without any problem.

Bahadir ARSLAN http://www.bahadirarslan.com

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:40 AM
  • this problem occured multibyte name my microsoft id.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 5:26 PM