none
Adding Outlook 2010 follow up information for me by VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Within the follow-up dialog it's possible to define a reminder-time for recipients and me as well. Instead of sending the message immediate it's possible to safe it in the draft folder.

I would like to create my own dialog window (VBA form) but I was not able to find all the properties where those parameters are stored. 

Where do I have to write/save the values?

Monday, July 22, 2013 1:29 PM

Answers

• Ah, I understand now.  I remember trying to do the exact same thing but it was a few years ago.  Unfortunately, I can't recall if it worked 100% or not.  But I believe I added the MAPI props for each of those fields manually using Redemption instead.  You could do the same thing with the Outlook Object Model as well using the PropertyAccessor object.  I recommend using Outlook Spy of MFCMAPI to see the exact props that are used.

Eric Legault (MVP: Outlook)
    About me...
    Outlook Appins: Store Social Media fields in your Outlook Contacts!

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:18 PM
  • The fields are stored in the MailItem.  Use MailItem.PropertyAccessor to add them.  You can see the changed fields in OutlookSpy by noting the bold properties.  Several are required for a recipient task like TaskStatus, TaskMode, FlagRequest, etc.

About me...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:04 PM
  • I found the information in the PR_SWAPPED_TODO_DATA property. As soon as you add follow-up information and you save the message without sending a second property PR_SWAPPED_TODO_STORE Byte Array is created by the system. Both properties are needed.

It took me some time to extract and convert der 4Byte and 5Byte sting for the reminder and Due date, but finally I succeeded.

Thank you for the hint.

Markus

Gfm MSDN - Forum alerts

• Marked as answer by chagrmk0 Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:56 AM
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:56 AM

All replies

• Reminder and flag values are implemented as properties in the various item objects (MailItem, AppointmentItem, etc.).  So if you wanted to create your own version of the Custom follow-up flag dialog, read and write from the object you are interacting with.

See:

Setting Items for Follow-up
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff866472.aspx

About me...

Monday, July 22, 2013 7:36 PM
  • Hi Eric,

Unfortunately the MarkAsTask method can only be executed after a new mailitem is already sent or in the subroutine fired by the ItemAdd event. If for what reason I want to keep the message in the draft folder before sending the values must be saved beside the attributes TaskStartDate, TaskDueDate, TaskCompletedDate, but I don't know where. If I do the same with the outlook follow-up dialog and I safe the message, the values are kept. After sending the message they are attributed to the values TaskStartDate, TaskDueDate, TaskCompletedDate.

Markus

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 3:00 PM
  • Ah, I understand now.  I remember trying to do the exact same thing but it was a few years ago.  Unfortunately, I can't recall if it worked 100% or not.  But I believe I added the MAPI props for each of those fields manually using Redemption instead.  You could do the same thing with the Outlook Object Model as well using the PropertyAccessor object.  I recommend using Outlook Spy of MFCMAPI to see the exact props that are used.

About me...

Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:18 PM
  • Hi Eric,

I tried both tools Outlook Spy and MFCMAPI. I was not able to find the props where the values go for a mailitem before the message is sent. After sending the values can be find in the TaskStartDate and TaskDueDate - where are those values stored before? If you could give me a hint it would just be great.

Markus

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 12:00 PM
  • The fields are stored in the MailItem.  Use MailItem.PropertyAccessor to add them.  You can see the changed fields in OutlookSpy by noting the bold properties.  Several are required for a recipient task like TaskStatus, TaskMode, FlagRequest, etc.

About me...

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 4:04 PM
  • I found the information in the PR_SWAPPED_TODO_DATA property. As soon as you add follow-up information and you save the message without sending a second property PR_SWAPPED_TODO_STORE Byte Array is created by the system. Both properties are needed.

It took me some time to extract and convert der 4Byte and 5Byte sting for the reminder and Due date, but finally I succeeded.

Thank you for the hint.

Markus

Gfm MSDN - Forum alerts

• Marked as answer by chagrmk0 Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:56 AM
    Thursday, August 15, 2013 11:56 AM