Application_SheetBeforeRightClick Not Firing RRS feed

• Question

• I created an VSTO Excel 2010 addin where I am using the "Application_SheetBeforeRightClick" event.  I am having a problem with this event because it doesn't fire all the time.  It works fine when I initially open excel and open a workbook however it stop firing after I create a new workbook and it becomes active.  I thought that since this is an application event, it should fire all the time whenever any workbook worksheet combination becomes active.  Please someone help understand how to properly handle this event to make sure it fires and I can handle it everytime there is a RightClick.  Thanks in advance and Happy new year.
    Friday, January 1, 2016 8:56 PM

Answers

• Never mind, I found the cause of my problems in an old project class I imported into addin.  In the old project the class was used to load xml files into excel and then and then terminating excel.  I forgot to remove this part and hence my problems.  Thanks Eugene for your reply.
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hello John,

Where do you subscribe to the SheetBeforeRightClick event?

Saturday, January 2, 2016 6:10 AM
  • I have tried a few ways and in every case I have the same problem.

Public Class ThisAddIn

Private Sub ThisAddIn_Startup() Handles Me.Startup

End Sub

Private Sub ThisAddIn_Shutdown() Handles Me.Shutdown

End Sub

Private Sub Application_SheetBeforeRightClick(Sh As Object, Target As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range, ByRef Cancel As Boolean) Handles Application.SheetBeforeRightClick

Code here....

End Sub

End Class

Public Class ThisAddIn

Public XclEvents As Excel.AppEvents_Event

AddHandler XclEvents.SheetBeforeRightClick, AddressOf Application_SheetBeforeRightClick

End Sub

End Sub

Private Sub Application_SheetBeforeRightClick(Sh As Object, Target As Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.Range, ByRef Cancel As Boolean) Handles Application.SheetBeforeRightClick

Code here....

End Sub

End Class

Public Class ThisAddIn

Public WithEvents ExcApp As Excel.Application

AddHandler ExcApp.SheetBeforeRightClick, AddressOf Application_SheetBeforeRightClick

End Sub

End Sub

Code here....

End Sub

End Class

Sunday, January 3, 2016 3:58 AM
  • Never mind, I found the cause of my problems in an old project class I imported into addin.  In the old project the class was used to load xml files into excel and then and then terminating excel.  I forgot to remove this part and hence my problems.  Thanks Eugene for your reply.
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 11:35 PM
  • Hi HJohn2,

Thanks for sharing your solution. Please mark it as answer to close this thread.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 4, 2016 2:29 AM