Share WriteableBitmap with People App RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

Could anyone please hint me if it's possible to share image from local storage with the People app to Facebook, Twitter and such. I made available sharing with SkyDrive, OneNote and via Mail but the People app is little bit harder.

I know you can go with an Uri element and if that's the only option, I would like to know if it's possible to convert WriteableBitmap to an object that can go with Uri.

Thanks in advance!

Thursday, February 14, 2013 8:11 PM

Answers

• The share source does not have any control over the target. Your app should supply appropriate data in as many formats as are relevant and let the share targets render the data in the best format for its use.

If you want to share an image, you likely would share the bitmap and a file with the image . You could also provide a richer HTML page, share a link if it's available elsewhere, or share a text description of the image.

You can use the Sharing content source app sample to see how specific share targets respond to different data types, but that behavior may change with updates to the app.

--Rob

Friday, February 15, 2013 12:44 AM