VS 2010 Ultimate Missing Database Templates RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed the Microsoft visual studio 2010 ultimate version on my laptop but when i open a new project and select for database, the list is empty in the installed templates section. How can i overcome this issue, I have tried the uninstall and then re-install option 2 to 3 times but the problem still remains ?   
    • Edited by Hertz0008 Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:37 AM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 9:36 AM

Answers

• Hi Hertz0008,

Thanks for your post.

Have you met any error when installing?

I recommend you repair Visual Studio first:

"open your Control panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features, right click Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 -> Uninstall/Change -> repair/reinstall”

Or you can try the following common steps to re-install templates:

1) Please open Windows Explorer, and navigate to  <Visual Studio Installation Path>\Common7\IDE (by default is C:\Program Files \Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE); 
    2) Delete the ItemTemplatesCache, ProjectTemplatesCache folder; 
    3) Open Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010) under Start menu -> All Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 -> Visual Studio Tools (run it with Administrator privilege: right-click the program -> Run as administrator); 
    4) Run the devenv /InstallVSTemplates switch; 
    5) Run the devenv /Setup switch

If you still cannot find any SQL tempaltes like: SQL Server 2008 Database Project

Please refer to this blog http://blogs.msdn.com/b/heaths/archive/2009/05/20/collect.aspx to gather some installation logs for me.  After that, you can upload your vslogs.cab from %tem% folder to SkyDrive and share the link to me.

I'll try to find some info from your installation logs.

Regards,

Barry Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, August 24, 2012 2:35 AM
    Friday, August 17, 2012 6:35 AM