none
about kinect SDK V1 sample (audio and skeletal tracking) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all!

sorry for my bad English and straight-forwarding.

there is code sample for the audio tracking and skeleton tracking.

but both is separate.

is it audio tracking cannot work with skeleton tracking?

is there any sample fundamental coding which that audio and skeleton tracking work together?

need guidance here.

kendrick0772

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:11 AM

Answers

• Those lines you pasted previously look like they came from a WPF application and that’s a different ball game. You will have to read up on Windows Presentation Foundation to learn about that stuff. Basically WPF is a relatively new way to program UI elements using some kind of xml called xaml and you can use any of the dotnet languages to program WPF.

I see now why you would want a video tutorial because your really are new to this stuff.

Maybe you should try creating Console or Windows Forms or WPF applications to get some experience in creating windows application first and check out some video tutorials found on some of Microsoft websites like Channel 9.

We can help you here with kinect examples but if you don’t know how to create a windows app then it would be more difficult for you to get the examples working.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:17 PM

All replies

• All sensors rgb, audio, depth etc can be used at the same time including trackings.
    Tuesday, March 6, 2012 10:05 AM
  • but how to code it together?

is there any coding sample code / tutorial video provided ?

any source you know?

its better a video tutorial as a reference/guidance.

thanks in advance!

kendrick0772

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 4:05 PM
  • You did not mention what language your using to program your kinect with.
    Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:13 AM
  • sorry, for that i forget to mention the programming language i'm using.

the language is C#.

kendrick0772

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 2:58 AM
  • what is "xmlns:kv" means?

what is "xmlns:my" means?

is it both can work together?

code for audio tracking:

xmlns:kv="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Samples.Kinect.WpfViewers;assembly=Microsoft.Samples.Kinect.WpfViewers" 

code for skeleton tracking:

xmlns:my="clr-namespace:Microsoft.Samples.Kinect.WpfViewers;assembly=Microsoft.Samples.Kinect.WpfViewers"

need a guidance here. thanks!

kendrick0772

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 3:06 AM
  • Those lines you pasted previously look like they came from a WPF application and that’s a different ball game. You will have to read up on Windows Presentation Foundation to learn about that stuff. Basically WPF is a relatively new way to program UI elements using some kind of xml called xaml and you can use any of the dotnet languages to program WPF.

I see now why you would want a video tutorial because your really are new to this stuff.

Maybe you should try creating Console or Windows Forms or WPF applications to get some experience in creating windows application first and check out some video tutorials found on some of Microsoft websites like Channel 9.

We can help you here with kinect examples but if you don’t know how to create a windows app then it would be more difficult for you to get the examples working.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:17 PM
  • yes, i'm absolutely new to this stuff.

i do really need guidance!

i'm using visual studio 2010 Professional.

C# WPF tutorial is needed.

kendrick0772

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 12:27 PM
  • Those lines of code you clipped are xml namespaces for the assemblies that you are referencing as part of your UI.

In addition to C#, WPF, a good understanding of .Net programming will help you out as well. There are many other forums on MSDN and on the web that can help with getting started with these languages and concepts.

For an introduction to Kinect, ere is a link to a video tutorial series:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/KinectQuickstart

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 11:33 PM