Need HELP with silverlight 8.1!WinRT information: The GPU device instance has been suspended.

Question

• I have a winrt program and it works fine.

Then I need this program to support silverlight 8.1.

Then I meet a issue:When I draw something using d3d and loading texture async, my program crashes with 

Unhandled exception at 0x775035D7 in AgHost.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: Platform::COMException ^ at memory location 0x0288F150. HRESULT:0x887A0005 The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

WinRT information: The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.

However, I try to run this program in emulator, it works fine.This confused me.

Could anyone tell me Why this happened?My testing device is Lumia Icon

• Edited by Y.H.King Saturday, January 10, 2015 2:09 PM gramma
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 8:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Y.H.King,

You mean the same code works fine on Windows Phone runtime real device also Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 Emulator but does not work with Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 real device? Both on the same device?

However a strange question is you are applying the code to Silverlight app, but your error information seems to be WinRT information. And which Lumia device are you using?

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, January 12, 2015 6:56 AM