none
Find - behaves differently by form RRS feed

• Question

• 2010.accdb but built in much older version originally (not sure which but is old db)

2 forms, both single view

in form A - you put your cursor in field Country - let's say the value is USA - use the Find function in the ribbon (or CTRL-F which opens the same thing) and you can click 'Find Next' over and over to step thru records.

in form B - it only finds the next and then the cursor advances to the next field (I believe this is what's happening) and so you if you press Find Next immediately again it is searching the wrong field and doesn't find USA... instead you have to click your cursor back into the Country field then press Find Next - and that works

the only other thing about form B is if you right click on field Country and select a text filter - the 'remove filter' does not activate and that is a pain too as you are stuck in filter mode and must close the form and re-open.

have compared the form properties of A & B as they appear identical.  The only real difference between them is they have differing sub forms inset into them.....

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:36 PM

Answers

• yep - solved

was very simple really; in form B the OnCurrent event is setting focus to a combo box selector in the form header....and the Find Next of course triggers OnCurrent when it goes to a new record....

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

What about code behinds? Do you also have the same amount and type of code running on both forms? I am just wondering if there is some code in Form B that is responsible for moving the focus to the next field/control.

Just a thought...

• Edited by .theDBguy Monday, July 10, 2017 10:11 PM
    Monday, July 10, 2017 9:46 PM
  • yep - solved

was very simple really; in form B the OnCurrent event is setting focus to a combo box selector in the form header....and the Find Next of course triggers OnCurrent when it goes to a new record....

Monday, July 10, 2017 9:55 PM
  • Hi,

Congratulations! Glad to hear you got it sorted out. I was suspecting some code was messing with you.

Good luck with your project.

Monday, July 10, 2017 10:11 PM