none
Group Corner Button (or menu?) in Custom XML RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know if a custom ribbon group can have a corner button like the ones that are on the "Font" and "Paragraph" groups? Or maybe it's considered a menu?

These things:

Thanks,
    Ken

Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:24 PM

Answers

• The Ribbon control that corresponds to the "corner button" is called a dialogBoxLauncher. It is explained at Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 2 of 3)

For example, in my Outlook add-in, the custom XML for the group that I add to the ribbon has

..other XML not shown
    ----
        <dialogBoxLauncher>
          <button id="dialogOptions" screentip="Options for Outlook Extensions" onAction="ShowOptions"/>
        </dialogBoxLauncher>
      </group>

• Edited by RLWA32 Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by KenKrugh Sunday, May 20, 2018 8:09 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:50 PM

All replies

• The Ribbon control that corresponds to the "corner button" is called a dialogBoxLauncher. It is explained at Customizing the 2007 Office Fluent Ribbon for Developers (Part 2 of 3)

For example, in my Outlook add-in, the custom XML for the group that I add to the ribbon has

..other XML not shown
    ----
        <dialogBoxLauncher>
          <button id="dialogOptions" screentip="Options for Outlook Extensions" onAction="ShowOptions"/>
        </dialogBoxLauncher>
      </group>

• Edited by RLWA32 Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:55 PM
    • Marked as answer by KenKrugh Sunday, May 20, 2018 8:09 PM
    Sunday, May 20, 2018 7:50 PM
  • Thanks a bunch, RL... Couldn't figure out what to call it while searching.

Best,
    ken

Sunday, May 20, 2018 8:30 PM
  • You're welcome.

"Corner button" was close enough and the image you posted spoke a thousand words.  :)

Sunday, May 20, 2018 8:36 PM