none
Wince driver development RRS feed

• Question

• I have developed a usb ethernet driver in wince 6.0. After porting it to cepc over ethernet it found working fine. now I am trying to give a user interface for my device and driver . How can I create a uI for my device on wince like device manager in windows?
    Tuesday, August 6, 2013 10:20 AM

All replies

• You will need to create either an application or control panel applet.  There isn't a device manager like in big windows.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Tuesday, August 6, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Thanks. Now I am  looking for a property sheet creation in order to make   changes dynamically in driver.  How can I compile this source code  "   WINCE600\PUBLIC\WCESHELLFE\OAK\CTLPNL\DMPNL " with my existing os design  to see a sample property sheet?
    Wednesday, August 28, 2013 5:05 AM
  • Start by checking the sources file to see if it is controlled (skip build) by an environment variable - you will see that it is not.

Then check the DIRS file in the parent directory, again it is not.

So, now check wceshellfe.bib and you will see that dmpnl.cpl is included it WCESHELLFE_MODULES_DMPNL is set.   Which means that DMPNL has been added to WCESHELLFE_MODULES.

Now, check public\cebase\misc and see if you can find DMPNL in one of the batch files.  It is in wceshellfe.bat and you will see that DMPNL is added to WCESHELLFE_MODULES if SYSGEN_DEVMGMT is set.

So now, go the Catalog View in Visual Studio and search for SYSGEN_DEVMGMT where you will find that it is tied to Core OS\CEBASE\Device Management\Device Management Client.

So, click on the check box next to Device Management Client, then Sysgen your OSDesign.

Bruce Eitman (eMVP)
    Senior Engineer
    Bruce.Eitman AT Eurotech DOT com
    My BLOG http://geekswithblogs.net/bruceeitman

Eurotech Inc.
    www.Eurotech.com

Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:12 PM