none
Suppressing Driver Installation Security Dialog box during Runtime RRS feed

• Question

• So I have device driver that comes with a setup.exe file. I copied the driver folder in my $OEM$ Folders under ICE and I am executing the setup.exe in silent moe in my OOBE pass like this:

<FirstLogonCommands>
                    <SynchronousCommand wcm:action="add">
                        <CommandLine>C:\Drivers\Audio\setup.exe -s</CommandLine>
                        <Description>Install Audio Driver</Description>
                        <RequiresUserInput>false</RequiresUserInput>
                        <Order>1</Order>
                    </SynchronousCommand>
                </FirstLogonCommands>

Everything is working fine meaning that at the Unattended OOBE phase the driver setup.exe file is launched in the silent mode (Not "Next" and "I Accept" dialog boxes), however it still shows up one security dialog box (sending link to the screenshot):

http://www.box.net/shared/98d9fira1a

How can I suppress this last final dialog box by opting "Install this driver software anyway"

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 9:10 PM

All replies

• Can't you use a Signed driver? And extract the driver out of the setup.

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:27 PM
  • Can't you use a Signed driver? And extract the driver out of the setup.

Yes, I have tried that approach but I had problems with it.

This method (launching setup.exe -s) works fine except I just need to get rid of the security dialog box.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:36 PM
  • I searched the heck out of Internet but all the proposed solution do not work in Win7/WES7.

Can some MS people confirm that it is virtually impossible to disable the driver sign checking process in Win7?

Will really appreciate it. Spent almost half a day search for the solution...

Tired.....

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:39 AM
  • I searched the heck out of Internet but all the proposed solution do not work in Win7/WES7.

Can some MS people confirm that it is virtually impossible to disable the driver sign checking process in Win7?

Will really appreciate it. Spent almost half a day search for the solution...

Tired.....

took me 2min.

if this doesn't work (because i think this is only for boot process):

bcdedit.exe -set nointegritychecks ON
    bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

than this should work:

gpedit.msc : Administrative Templates, System, Driver Installation

"Code Signing for Device Drivers": Enable / Ignore

For implementing in a raw image you have to capture the registry changes and "import" those in the xml file.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:46 PM
  • if this doesn't work (because i think this is only for boot process):

than this should work:

gpedit.msc : Administrative Templates, System, Driver Installation

"Code Signing for Device Drivers": Enable / Ignore

For implementing in a raw image you have to capture the registry changes and "import" those in the xml file.

Hi,

I tried (see the last post) all those options yesterday and none of them worked. On the website where these solutions are posted the majority of the people have reported that it does not work for them.

For example, if you try to install a driver through setup.exe in the OOBE phase (Which is what I want to do) it does not work. I don' think these solutions work when you are in Windows desktop.

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:41 PM
  • Hm kay.

And what is with extracted drivers? how does it act?

"3. bcdedit -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" is other than mine. i think yours is the old entry. (maybe doesn't work)

AND think about "CurrentUser" in OOBE this is .default hive!

Thursday, October 21, 2010 3:51 PM
  • Hm kay.

And what is with extracted drivers? how does it act?

This is what happens when I use the extracted approach. I don't want to spend too much time futher digging into the log files to fix this.

I have tried this also:

but no luck.

Not sure what you mean by "AND think about "CurrentUser" in OOBE this is .default hive!"

Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:47 PM
  • There was something with GPO which is set in CurrentUser. CurrentUser is .default / "System Account" Hive. You maybe can set this Value directly in the Hive in PE State. Than after Restart in PE the value for ignore is active.
    Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:58 PM
  • There was something with GPO which is set in CurrentUser. CurrentUser is .default / "System Account" Hive. You maybe can set this Value directly in the Hive in PE State. Than after Restart in PE the value for ignore is active.

I am not an expert with Windows Registry. Can you let me know what registry command should I run in PE? I am assuming what you mentioned involves modifying registry...

Thanks for all your help and sticking so far...

Thursday, October 21, 2010 10:20 PM