Supported way of multiple applications sharing the same data source? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere. I had a quick search but didn't find what I was looking for.

I have an app with SL and HTML clients and I have another requirement for a pretty simple HTML client accessing the same database. 

I've seen comments about non-supported ways of implementing 2x HTML clients and I've created a test where I have added my original application as an OData source in my second application however the data appears read only. Perhaps I'm just missing something obvious.

What is the supported and best way to go about this? What are the rest of you doing in this scenario?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Cheers,

Adam

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 3:40 PM

Answers

• That is the default when connecting to an OData data source: ' data appears read only '

Just go update the data source or remember next time to uncheck the box...

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:08 PM
  • Also note that any server side defined queries are unfortunately not available to the client when connecting to an OData source of another LS application. You only have access to the basic default queries and CRUD operations.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:04 PM

All replies

• That is the default when connecting to an OData data source: ' data appears read only '

Just go update the data source or remember next time to uncheck the box...

Dave

Dave Baker | AIDE for LightSwitch | Xpert360 blog | twitter : @xpert360 | Xpert360 website | Opinions are my own. For better forums, remember to mark posts as helpful/answer.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 6:08 PM
  • Also note that any server side defined queries are unfortunately not available to the client when connecting to an OData source of another LS application. You only have access to the basic default queries and CRUD operations.

Regards, Xander. My Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2016 8:04 PM
  • Hi Dave,

Good pickup. I had gone back in to update the data source to see if there was anything there but the tick box only displays for me when a new data source is added. I removed it and added it again and everything is working as expected. :-)

Thanks very much for the steer!

Cheers,

Adam

Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:36 AM
  • Thanks Xander.

In this instance I have very basic requirements for this second application so it should be fine.

Cheers,

Adam

Thursday, January 7, 2016 5:37 AM