none
Paragraph jumping to new page. Why ??? RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if this is the wrong forum - I have no idea how to find the right one.

I have a Word document that is driving me crazy. I have 2 paragraphs that absolutely refuse to appear one after the other, the second paragraph always skips to a new page. If I delete the end paragraph mark on the first paragraph the 2 paragraphs merge into one, if I put it back the second paragraph once again jumps to a new page. Why??? As far as I can see there is no new page break in there. How do I fix this? Thanks.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:50 PM

Answers

• In the Paragraph dialog box, look at the Line and Page Breaks tab. Clear the “Page break before” option.

To open the dialog box, right-click the paragraph and click Paragraph on the context menu.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:42 PM

All replies

• In the Paragraph dialog box, look at the Line and Page Breaks tab. Clear the “Page break before” option.

To open the dialog box, right-click the paragraph and click Paragraph on the context menu.

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Bruce Song Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:51 AM
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Hi "Name"

Stefan has given good advice...

<<Sorry if this is the wrong forum>>

The better place to ask this kind of question is on "Answers":
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/word

The forums on MSDN mainly target programming questions; different skill set than trouble-shooting problems when working with documents as an end-user :-)

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Tuesday, January 10, 2012 6:59 PM