VS12 XAML Designer Error - Access Denied

Question

• I have the exact same problem as Foxandxss from the thread "Yet another problem with XAML designer (Access denied to Debug folder)". The problem is that when I am trying to open the XAML designer for a Windows Store app I get an error. The error only shows up if I have debugged the app earlier and have files in the debug folder. If I delete all the files in the debugg folder the XAML designer starts working again. But it is a pain to have to delete the files everytime I want to debug my app! I hope that this can be solved.

The Microsoft employee that replied to Foxandxss's thread asked Foxandxss to mail him, so I have no clue how to solve this problem. I'm posting this thread to show that there are more than Foxandxss that is having this problem. 

I'm running Visual Studio 12 on Windows 8 Pro (64-bit).

Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Happy to help, this definitely looks like an issue with bad install. We didn't get a change to investigate this on Foxandxss machine, since he formatted the machine and reinstalled OS / VS and things started to work for him.

I would like to debug this issue on your machine and understand the root issue. Is it possible for us to sync-up on Skype or email? You can get in touch with me at navits at microsoft dot com.

-Navit Saxena

Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:35 PM
  • I would gladly help! I sent you a mail.
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:40 PM