Web Service ASMX Not Available in Visual Studio when use Net Framework 4.6.2 RRS feed

• Question

• User-2033555810 posted

Dear All,

In Microsoft Visual Studio, I make a Web Form. Why when I Change Target FrameWork in Project Properties to FrameWork 4.6.2

Tempelate Web Service ASMX, Nothing/ missing..

But when I change back to FrameWork 4.5, Tempelate Web Service ASMX, Available..

Thank you.

Tuesday, January 29, 2019 3:55 PM

All replies

• User36583972 posted

Dear All,

In Microsoft Visual Studio, I make a Web Form. Why when I Change Target FrameWork in Project Properties to FrameWork 4.6.2

Tempelate Web Service ASMX, Nothing/ missing..

But when I change back to FrameWork 4.5, Tempelate Web Service ASMX, Available..

Thank you.

Hi frangky_koe,

As far as I know, the web service template available for .net 3.5 or lower. You have to select .NET Framework 3.5 or lower.

You can use the following suggestions to create Web Service and Use it in ASP.Net

1: You can create ASP.net Empty Web Site and add asmx file.

2: You can Target the .Net Framework to 3.5 when you create the project and web service template available for .net 3.5, create the project and re target it to 4.0 or 4.5

The following links for your reference.

How to Create a Simple Web Service and Use it in ASP.Net
    https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/29d7e0/steps-to-create-a-simple-web-service-and-use-it-in-Asp-Net/

If you have any Visual Studio General Questions, you can visit here.

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

Wednesday, January 30, 2019 5:20 AM