Autorun will not work after FormatVolume RRS feed

• Question

•  

I need to programmatically format  a micro SD card in a Windows Mobile 5 device for FAT32.  I have formated successfully with Pinvoke calls to both FormatVolume and FormatVolumeUI.  Once formatted, Autorun will no longer function.  I have tried various flag settings.  Cards formatted FAT32 on a PC using XPwork fine on the divice.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:51 PM

Answers

• This forum is intended to deal with issues directly related to the .NET Compact Framework. Since your question is not related to the .NET Compact Framework, it is off-topic here
    Monday, June 23, 2008 6:24 AM

All replies

• Hi

i have suggestion to this , please make sure when you plugged in the card is autorun is work perfectlly, then after formated also try same way.Or  reset the device by the programming then see.

Thank you

Thursday, June 19, 2008 1:40 AM
  • Yes, we have tried this.  We started with a card with autorun working on startup of the device.  After reformatting, autorun would not work on startup.  We tried creating the autorun diretory both programatically and on a PC.  Reformatting on the PC makes autorun work again.  We tried both normal and quick formats, all FAT32.

Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:44 PM
  • This forum is intended to deal with issues directly related to the .NET Compact Framework. Since your question is not related to the .NET Compact Framework, it is off-topic here
    Monday, June 23, 2008 6:24 AM