none
issue with Outlook 2013 - I can't rename and save attachments to folder on the network RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

What I did at a previous agency which was really helpful was to Set up rules in outlook which ran a script so whenever I received an email from a particular company it would save the attachment with a specific name to a specific folder on the network.

I’m trying to set this up again at my new agency….I’ve looked for various scripts and none of them appear to work....digging deeper it looks like the issue might be to do with Outlook 2013?<o:p></o:p>

If of any of you know about this issue and know how to resolve it would be great to hear from you.

I'm windows 7, 32 bit

Many thanks<o:p></o:p>

Andy<o:p></o:p>

• Edited by Andy_DDUK Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:04 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hello Andy,

You can try to save attachments to a local folder. Does it work correctly?

Note, files can be moved to a network share programmatically. See Copy and Move files and folders for more information.

profile for Eugene Astafiev at Stack Overflow, Q&A for professional and enthusiast programmers

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 5:31 PM
  • Hi Andy,
    According to your issue, I’d like to confirm the following with you which could be helpful to provide the suitable suggestions.
    >>Set up rules in outlook which ran a script so whenever I received an email from a particular.....
    In order to provide a solution to your issue effectively, I’m wondering if you could provide more details, for instance, script code.
    >>I’ve looked for various scripts and none of them appear to work....
    Based on my understanding, all the scripts couldn’t be called successfully, right?
    You could test your script with one line code,like "MsgBox 1",to check if the script could be called successfully.
    >>digging deeper it looks like the issue might be to do with Outlook 2013
    What is the detail version number of your Outlook 2013?
    Looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards,
    Terry
    Wednesday, February 22, 2017 9:46 AM
  • Hi

What I did at a previous agency which was really helpful was to Set up rules in outlook which ran a script so that whenever I received an email from a particular company it would save the attachment with a specific name to a specific folder on the network.

I’m trying to set this up again at my new agency….I’ve looked for various scripts and none of them appear to work....digging deeper it looks like the issue might be to do with Outlook 2013?

If of any of you know about this issue and know how to resolve it would be great to hear from you.

Office 2013, windows 7, 32 bit

Many thanks

Andy

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 12:01 PM