Do something about those scam????? RRS feed

• Question

• I have received the following email today. We should do something to track them down. Who knows many people could fall into their trap and end up giving their personal informations.

emails that I received >>>>

Microsoft Award Team
    Baley House, Har Road
    Sutton, Greater Londona
    SM1 4te United A Kingdom.
    Batch: 12/25/0340

Attn:xxxxxx xxxx,

CONGRATULATIONS! This is to inform you that you have been verified  a winner of the MSN LOTTERY International program. I am happy to inform you that i have forwarded your Original Certificate and your Certified bank cheque to the courier company. Find below the details of the courier company.And you have to send them your full name and your phone number and nationality with address.

Airmail Delivery Services Worldwide LTD.
    Head Office & Accounts
    Hareld  Close Slough Berkshire SL1 3XT.
    United Kingdom
    Email: customercare-ukexpresscourierleed@hotmail.com

TEL:+44 703 195 7882

You are adviced to send the courier company a mail to their email address for their courier cost of delivering your winning prize to the payment centre. When contacting them, and also tell them to scan a copy of your Certificate to you, you are to include this order number as your subject. Please you are advised to write down the order number and save it.

ORDER NUMBER: SH231282

Note: you are to Quote your complete names,Ref/Batch Numbers and your direct phone number so that they can honor your letter also do keep me updated with your communications with the courier company.

Once again i say congratulations and always inform me with your dealings with the courier company.

Thanks.
    Warm Regards,
    Mr. Terry Martins
    Tel: +44-703-190-4683

Monday, June 14, 2010 10:10 PM

All replies

• Is it too good to be true? Then it is most likely a scam.

If that test fails, then remember this. Reputable companies will have a statement on their website saying they will not solicit your details via email. This goes for banks and software companies.

In fact I would spam/trash any email that asks you to click a link. Clicking on any link in an email can open up to all sorts of potential threats, even if you do have your virus software up to date.
    Web Design Sydney Marketing Agency Sydney
    Monday, June 21, 2010 10:51 PM