Windows store app - in-App purchases question? RRS feed

• Question

• If i call the following code

await CurrentAppSimulator.RequestProductPurchaseAsync("featureName", false);

if the user buys my in-app product. Will my app automatically add that license to the app? So that if the user presses the same feature a second time it will  not prompt the user to purchase again. Or do i have to check the license to see if the user had already purchased the product using my own method?   

Saturday, October 12, 2013 11:30 PM

All replies

• It will be friendlier to your users if you don't offer the in-app product a second time once they've already purchased it rather than waiting for the store system to reject the sale, but the store won't sell the same (durable) item twice.

--Rob

Sunday, October 13, 2013 3:52 AM
  • Rob,

Thanks for answering but this doesn't answer my question.   Lets say for example that i have a button in my app for users to buy a sticker pack.  When the user first clicks the button fro the first time. I know i will have to make that item available to the user here-on out. But how can i use my app to determine the user has bought the item so i dont show them the "buy feature" menu anymore.

Sunday, October 13, 2013 5:12 AM
  • You use the same logic that lets the app know the sticker has been bought and should be available for use to let the app know the sticker has been bought and shouldn't be offered for repurchase.

Take a look at ProductLicense.IsActive | isActive property (Windows)‎

See Enable in-app purchases from your app and Trial app and in-app purchase sample for a demonstration.

--Rob

Sunday, October 13, 2013 4:08 PM