none
Add/Remove validator nodes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello! I have Ethereum on Azure with 2 validators and 1 admin. How can I add/remove new validator node? If I go to Admin panel I can not see button remove validators.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 4:37 PM

Answers

• Once you have added the new admin, that admin will get the ability to select a set of validator nodes to run on its behalf. When the new admin goes to the validator's tab in the UI, you should see a button that says "Add Validators". This will automatically select two validator nodes from that admin's deployment and include them in consensus as participants of that admin. In PoA on Azure, there are no transaction nodes; the validator nodes themselves take that role. If you don't include the nodes in the validator node list, you can think of them as transaction nodes (they'll still be peered with the rest of the network and be able to handle transaction IO).

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:23 AM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi,

See here , does it answer your question?

Validators

Selecting the Validators tab in the left menu will display the current deployed Parity nodes for this instance and their current status (Node type). Each consortium member will have a different set of validators in this list, since this view represents the current deployed consortium member. If this is a newly deployed instance and you haven't yet added your validators, you'll be shown the option to 'Add Validators'. Selecting this will automatically choose a regionally balanced set of Parity nodes and assign them to your validator set. If you have deployed more nodes than the allowed capacity, the remaining nodes will become transaction nodes on the network.

The address of each validator is automatically assigned via the identity store in Azure. If a node goes down, it will relinquish its identity, allowing another node in your deployment to take its place. This ensures that your consensus participation is highly available.

Thanks!

Friday, October 11, 2019 11:22 AM
  • I read this article before. Thanks. However where can I watch capacity after install? Do I understand correctly that I need to create a new service Ethereum on Azure and join the exist network? After I have to appoint an administrator of the new network and after that I can add new validators in other RPC?
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 2:40 PM
  • Yes this is correct.  Basically if you use the default deployment parameters, you will be left with a single member consortium (a consortium with just one participant in there).  The number of validators is what you specified in your template parameters.  

You can vote out an admin, who has validators, which will get removed but you can't remove validators directly from the UI.  You can add validators up to the limit specified in the template (default will be they are all deployed).

Thursday, October 17, 2019 5:01 PM
  • Hi. Thanks. I used default deployment with 2 validator node by default. After I used default deployment other PoA and join to main. And I did add new admin user from other PoA But his validators is transaction node. I want convert their to validators node
    Friday, October 18, 2019 12:51 PM
  • Once you have added the new admin, that admin will get the ability to select a set of validator nodes to run on its behalf. When the new admin goes to the validator's tab in the UI, you should see a button that says "Add Validators". This will automatically select two validator nodes from that admin's deployment and include them in consensus as participants of that admin. In PoA on Azure, there are no transaction nodes; the validator nodes themselves take that role. If you don't include the nodes in the validator node list, you can think of them as transaction nodes (they'll still be peered with the rest of the network and be able to handle transaction IO).

Microsoft Azure Blockchain Team

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:23 AM
    Owner