For the add-on of "Subscription" type, will the original user continue to subscribe after Stop acquisition ? RRS feed

• Question

• 

If I choose Stop acquisition for one of my add-on (Product type: Subscription), I am not sure whether the original subscriber will continue to subscribe. Because the document describes it as not affect customers who have already purchased the add-on, but my test results do not seem to continue to subscribe. Docs link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/set-add-on-pricing-and-availability#visibility

(I don't know why I can't send pictures or links)

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 3:19 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Answer I got from "Windows developer support": if you select the "Stop acquisition" option, the current subscription add-on would also stop for existing subscribers.

• Marked as answer by Zack Ma Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:12 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:12 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What do you mean about "my test results do not seem to continue to subscribe"? Can't buy the subscription add-on any more?

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 4:22 AM
  • Hi,

I did some operation verification docs:
    1. Created a new 6hours add-on for my test app and published
    2. Use a test account to subscribe in the test app
    3. Changed the value of "Stop acquisition" in "Schedule" in the pricing and availability page of add-on from "never" to "last utc time" (before the test account subscribes again) and made a new add- submit
    4. After one day check the subscription record of the test account in the Microsoft Store, the subscription record did not increase, but my test app still can get the add-on information of the subscription that has not expired

So I said: "my test results do not seem to continue to subscribe"

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 6:26 AM
  • Hi,

Could you please open a free support ticket here: Contact US. Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select In-app purchases for issue type. 

The store team could if this is the expected behavior.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Wednesday, March 4, 2020 7:10 AM
  • Thank you, i will submit an incident for this issue.
    • Edited by Zack Ma Wednesday, March 4, 2020 8:26 AM
    Wednesday, March 4, 2020 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

If you haven't get response in 3-4 business days, please come back and share the ticket number here. I'll send the ticket number to the team to bring you back online.

Best regards,

Roy

Thursday, March 5, 2020 2:46 AM
  • Hi,

Answer I got from "Windows developer support": if you select the "Stop acquisition" option, the current subscription add-on would also stop for existing subscribers.

• Marked as answer by Zack Ma Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:12 AM
    Thursday, March 12, 2020 3:12 AM