none
SharePoint 2010 - Page Layout and Lookup Column Help! RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Experts!

So I've taken my first stab at making a custom page layout.  Everything so far seemed to be ok.  A little background on the proposed setup of the environment:

Main site that holds the CSS/Masterpage/Page Layout for the child sites

Main site also holds a master custom list (all single line text items) that the child(sub) sites can use (hopefully can lookup with a lookup item on a custom list in the subsite).

Homepage of the subsites use this custom page layout that I setup.

Initially I thought I could use a dataview webpart to pull data from the master list, but apparently that's a bug (see: http://www.wonderlaura.com/Lists/Posts/Post.aspx?List=daba3a3b-c338-41d8-bf52-cd897d000cf3&ID=76&Web=dbb90e85-b54c-49f4-8e97-6d8258116ca0)

So right now I have a section on this subsite's page layout that's a webpart zone.  The idea is to display the lookup from the master list that resides on the Main site. What I have right now on the subsite is a list that is comprised of a content type that looks up data on this master list. So now it properly pulls the data. HOWEVER, the data is not styled the way I have the rest of the page and it has the content type's main column displayed on every piece of data along with the heading I do want.  What I mean is:

cd - Lookup column name (looks up the data on the master list, which I'm pulling several columns from that list)

What's being displayed on the subsite's webpart (just using a list webpart right now with a boxed layout in it's view) is this:

cd:Col A Data A
    cd:Col B Data B
    How I want it to look:

Col A: Data A
    Col B: Data B

How do I remove that first section and style this properly?  Is there a better way to do this? Thanks for the help!

Saturday, August 11, 2012 9:00 PM

Answers

• Ok so I'm pretty foolish, I saw that I can actually modify the column names of the lookup fields, so now they are displayed the way I want it, sorry for the confusion, thanks!
    • Marked as answer by CJohn_SP989 Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:18 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for your post.
    I'm trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks ,
    Entan Ming

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Monday, August 13, 2012 10:03 AM
  • Thank Entan, I hope someone can help me with this problem!
    Monday, August 13, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Ok so I'm pretty foolish, I saw that I can actually modify the column names of the lookup fields, so now they are displayed the way I want it, sorry for the confusion, thanks!
    • Marked as answer by CJohn_SP989 Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:18 AM
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 4:17 AM