Custom touch keyboard

Question

• So, I posted this into the wrong group. Could a mod please move this thread to Metro-Style C++ Apps? Thanks!

For my needs, I need to add additional features to the on-screen keyboard. On iOS I would use inputAccessoryView (example: http://gabriel-tips.blogspot.de/2011/05/input-accessory-view-how-to-add-extra.html) to add the features to the keyboard. This has the benefit that I don't have to replace the whole keyboard (because there is quite a lot of optimizations I don't want to reimplement) I would like to use for free.

Why? I looking forward to implement some keyboard shortcuts like "<-" "->" (not move the cursor) keys for easier textinput in my app.

Also, for a different app idea, I would like to replace the on-screen keyboard with my custom implementation (think music notes editor). Is there any chance to use the OS keyboard invocation or do I need to listen to the gotfocus event myself?

Any suggestions, what I should use?

Thanks!

• Edited by Paul_X Monday, May 07, 2012 2:32 PM posted in wrong group
    Monday, May 07, 2012 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Paul,

The on-screen keyboard is not extensible and cannot be replaced. You will need to implement your own and provide your own means of invocation.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Paul_X Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:36 AM
    Monday, May 07, 2012 6:47 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Hi Paul,

The on-screen keyboard is not extensible and cannot be replaced. You will need to implement your own and provide your own means of invocation.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Paul_X Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:36 AM
    Monday, May 07, 2012 6:47 PM
    Owner
  • Thanks Rob.

Tuesday, May 08, 2012 7:36 AM