Changed Culture not working in shell content RRS feed

• Question

• User276977 posted

Hi

I made a settings page with a language chooser. It's working well, but the shell content the Tabbar, and the Menu items Title not changing. It's weird because other contents change well. If I exit and restart the app, the shell titles also changing well. Did somebody face this problem before?

csharp public void ChangeCulture(CultureInfo cultureInfo) { Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = cultureInfo; Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = cultureInfo; Properties.Resources.Culture = cultureInfo; }

Thursday, October 15, 2020 9:22 AM

All replies

• User276977 posted

Tried PropertyChange too in Shell items, but not working.

Then I made a simple refresh when changing the language

csharp for (int i = 0; i < Shell.Current.Items.Count; i++) { Shell.Current.Items[i] = Shell.Current.Items[i]; }

It's working, the bottom tab bar immediately changes the title texts, but the shell flyout navigation when I tapped the hamburger menu icon is empty. Only show the menu header picture, but the menu items disappeared. Any better idea?

Thursday, October 15, 2020 12:09 PM
  • User276977 posted

Working now. The Shell items do not need to refresh, if Binding defined as OneWay, because the binding always defined as OneTime as default

Thursday, October 15, 2020 1:41 PM