none
Synching with Google Calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I want to be able to synch my Access 2013 calendar application with Google Calendar.

I would like some general comments from anyone with some experience in the matter. From what I found out so far, one possibility would be to interface with a CSV or iCAL file and another with a Google api.

Monday, October 10, 2016 9:48 AM

All replies

• >>>From what I found out so far, one possibility would be to interface with a CSV or iCAL file and another with a Google api.

According to your description, I think that I would prefer to Google Calendar API, then could to make requests from VBA.

You could refer to this helpful link below:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10082555/build-json-for-google-calendar-api-v3-using-vba

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks for your understanding.
    • Proposed as answer by David_JunFeng Friday, October 14, 2016 9:44 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2016 6:25 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. At the end of the day we need to be able to synch the Access db with the Google calendar. I have not looked into the api yet. Do you know whether the api can be used for a two-way synch, that is Access updating Google calendar and then for any changes in the Google calendar to be reflected in the Access db.
    Friday, October 14, 2016 10:07 AM
  • >>>Do you know whether the api can be used for a two-way synch, that is Access updating Google calendar and then for any changes in the Google calendar to be reflected in the Access db.

According to your description, I think that it is possible to use Google Calendar API. You could refer to below links:

https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/25145607/Sync-Access-Database-with-Google-Calendar.html

In addition for more information about Google Calendar API, you could refer to Google Calendar API reference.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Monday, October 17, 2016 8:13 AM