none
Access Web App, adding functions to stock save button? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've created an Access web app (Access 2016),  and it's working pretty well.

Except for one thing,   the stock 'save' action button.  I would like to add an action to it,  but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that?  

I then attempted to create my own 'save' action button with the actions I need,  that works fine.  Except for it's always enabled,  even if the form is not in edit mode.

So I guess my question is.

1.  Is there a way to add functions to the default save button?

2.  If not,  is there a way to mimic the Save button with a custom one that will enable/disable depending on if the form is in edit mode or not?

Thanks!

Chris

Friday, March 3, 2017 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Chris,
    alternatively, you can add some actions to “On Insert” or “On Update” events of the table.

Good luck.

Oleks.

Saturday, March 4, 2017 8:14 PM
  • Hi ,

I try to test on my side to check whether we can fulfil your requirement or not.

I find that currently we can't add function to default save button and we don't have any control on customized button to make enable / disable as per the mode of form.

so currently we can't fulfil your requirement.

in future , if you want that this feature should be added to Access Web App then please kindly try to submit your feedback to user voice.

Access User Voice

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 6, 2017 7:34 AM