none
KPI List Web Part in MOSS 2007 - How do I display an "as of date' for Indicators

Question

•  I have created an SQL 2005 SSAS cube with many different KPIs defined.  In MOSS 2007 (SP2) I have created a site to display these various KPIs in several KPI Lists.  Some of the indicators in the underlying cube are updated daily, others weekly, others quarterly, etc.

What are some ways to display to the user what date or time slice each specific indicator is "as of"? 

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

-Steve

Friday, March 02, 2007 9:14 PM

All replies

• Hi Steve
                  If you modify the KPI List web part, in the right pane you can select the dimensions, hierarchies for which the KPI has to be displayed. you can also make this filtering dynamic by adding SSAS filter web part configured to a dimension or hierarchy and then connect this filter web part to the KPI List web part.
    Monday, March 05, 2007 12:30 PM
  • Thank you for the reply!  I am assuming you don't mean modify the "shared web part" as I don't see anything that allows me to select dimensions and hierarchies.  Excuse my ignorance but could you assist in helping me navigate to the web part that I must modify?  Thanks.
    Tuesday, March 06, 2007 2:33 PM
  • Hi Steve
                   Yes I am referring to modify shared web part of the KPI web part. You will see the properties KPI, Column or Dimension, Hierarchy, Members to display which can be configured accordingly.

Thanks
    Guruprasad Karnik

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:42 AM
  • Hi Guruprasad,

Yes, I finally opened my eyes and saw the properties you referred to! 

However, this does not help me with my current dilemma.  I will try and explain why.  I have several KPI Lists within a Sharepoint site.  Within each of the KPI lists there are multiple indicators that do not necessarily share the same "as of date".  For instance, one of the indicators in the list may be updated (in the underlying cube) on a daily basis while another indicator in the same list may be updated on a quarterly basis.  Unfortunately, business requirements do not allow me the luxury of re-arranging the KPIs in lists with the same "as of date". 

That having been said - I don't know if you have any more suggestions for me...

I am trying to figure out how to take advantage of the following:

There is a "Current Time Member" property in SSAS 2005 on the KPI tab.  There is also a SSAS function called KPICURRENTTIMEMEMBER which returns the Current Time Member of the KPI that is passed to the function.

In MOSS 2007 there is a property in the KPI List configuration called "Default Time Slice" and in Site Settings under the Site Column Gallery there is a "Most recent indicator data update" column - yet I have been unable to add this column to the KPI List View.

I am trying to decipher how all of these items fit together yet so far have not had too much luck. Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve 

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 2:16 PM
  • Hi,

I also have the same problem.

We are also struggling to put all these pieces together.

-- JM

Friday, March 09, 2007 10:51 PM
  • We have opened a Premier Support incident with MS about this several days ago and have not been contacted yet.  I will post any informative details if and when they become available.

-Steve

Saturday, March 10, 2007 6:42 PM
  • OK I got similar problem - I can't add any additional columns to the KPI view which shows the indicators. I saw another thread in this site which says we cannot display any columns in the view with indicators.... is this true? any insights will be appreciated.

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:27 PM
  • I've got the same problem.

Any solutions ?
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:21 PM

• You can use filters only with some Web Parts: Excel Web Access, KPI List (for KPIs ... and click Modify Shared Web Part to set the values for the filter .

good Look
    Saturday, May 16, 2009 5:53 PM