Cant move the screen if i swipe on the items in the grid

Question

• Hi,

I have just created a grid application using the templte provided in vs 2011.

Now screen moves as i expected  in the swipe direction if i swipe in the  area that do not have any content ( area out side listciew) ..

My problem is if the user swiped to a direction on the  area which contain items in the list view nothing will happen.. 

How can i make the swipe functionality similar in entire screen ...

You can test this by creating a Grid Application project..

Any ideas

Shameer

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:07 AM

Answers

• Hi ,it worked fine as i expected when i added some more data-win-options to the list view..

data-win-options="{selectionMode:'none',swipeBehavior:'none',tapBehaviour:'invoke'}"

Shameer

• Marked as answer by shameerpv Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:14 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Shameer,

I am not sure if I understand the issue.  If you create a Grid application from the template and then sweep you finger over the items in the grid it will scroll.

-Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:11 PM
  • Hi,

But in my case the grid is not scrolling if i sweep finger over the items in the grrid..

If i sweep finger on empty area ( area that do not have any items in the grid), then its  scrolling ..

I hope its clear now

Shameer

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 7:40 PM
  • Maybe show some HTML and JavaScript. Even if you scroll a ListView whilst tapping on an actual item, you still get the "press" animation, but when you release it detects it as a swipe and you don't get the item click. If you show your code maybe we can see if you have some weird click event or something taking hold of things

Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:36 PM
  • Hi ,it worked fine as i expected when i added some more data-win-options to the list view..

data-win-options="{selectionMode:'none',swipeBehavior:'none',tapBehaviour:'invoke'}"

Shameer

• Marked as answer by shameerpv Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:14 AM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:09 AM