TFS not getting latest of SQL Server 2008 Project file on checkout RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We use visual studio 2010 along with TFS. All files get latest on checkout except our sql server 2008 project file. Files within the project get latest on checkout, just not the project file.

Friday, October 3, 2014 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi sirishgreen,

I'd like to know what's mean when you say "Files within the project get latest on checkout, just not the project file". Please confirm the following things to let us know more details about your scenario:

• How did you check out your team project source files?
    • Does the project files can be get latest normally before? And if you do the "get latest" operation when you check out
    • Does this issue occurred on other team project source files?

For your situation, do a get latest to check whether the latest files can be get when you check out. Also have a try on other team projects or other machines. It's suggest to use install SP1 when use TFS 2010, please intall SP1 and needed patches for TFS 2010 if it's not the version and try again to see if the issue can be resolved. And install VS 2010 SP1 and this GDR if you use VS 2010 to connect to TFS. You can also check whether there any event logs about this issue and post it here if possible. Please elaborate more details about your scenario if the issue persists.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 6, 2014 6:00 AM
  • Hi thanks for the reply.

We have the setting "get latest on checkout" checked, so whenever I open a file and make changes TFS automatically gets me the latest version of that file.

However, with my SQL Server 2008 DB project, if I add a new stored procedure to the project, then I will have to manually "get latest" on the project file, before checkin, otherwise when I check my new SP in I will lose any new SP's since I last got latest on the project file.

I can get latest manually i.e right click and then "get latest" on the project file before checkout, but this doesn't help, I need to get latest on the project file before checkin or I will lose other peoples SP's.

Nope does not occur on any other project file.

Thanks

Simon

Thursday, October 9, 2014 1:48 PM