Changing output folder for language resource files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an application created using VC++2005. The application is designed to support multiple different languages.

I have implemented the multilanguage support using .resx files. When i compile my application the '<applicn name>.resources.dll' for the various langages are created in my output folder. For example, as i am supporting German, in my relaease folder another folder is made with the name 'de' and the '<application name>.resources.dll' in it.

I have the following questions:
    1. Is it possible to move the language folders to another sub-folder viz., 'Languages' in my release folder so that the path would be 'release\Languages\de\<application name>.resources.dll' ?
    2. How can i do it?

Thanks,
    rumDeep

Monday, March 16, 2009 4:09 AM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hello Rumdeep, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (MSDN > Forums Home > Visual C++ > Visual C++ Language) forum located here:  (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vclanguage/threads/).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Monday, March 16, 2009 5:05 AM
  • I suggest you post in the VC General forum instead of the VC Language forum since this is more likely an issue with a code library that has globalization support and settings within the IDE to change project output locations. The C++ language itself does not provide any globalization/localization support.
    MSMVP VC++
    Monday, March 16, 2009 7:35 PM