All users logged out after server change RRS feed

• Question

• User1653340907 posted

Dear All,

I have an existing asp.net core 2.1 application that needs to be migrated to a new host.
    On my pre-tests every user is logged out after switching the host.
    I copied the existing key files (data protection key ring) to the new host, which were already in my filesystem (PersistKeysToFileSystem) but I never set the applicationname (SetApplicationName).
    According to that article (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/aspnet/core/security/data-protection/configuration/overview?view=aspnetcore-2.1 ) the Data Protection system isolates apps from one another based on their content root paths, if no applicationname is set.
    The path is different on the new host, so I think that's my problem losing the logins or am I wrong?

So, what can I do to keep every user logged in?

ty

Sunday, May 24, 2020 7:18 PM

All replies

• User-854763662 posted

Hi savage15324 ,

The path is different on the new host,

What's the new host and  what's the difference of the path ? Could you share more details that contains the complete steps to reproduce the issue ?

Best Regards,

Sherry

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 8:18 AM
  • User1653340907 posted

Thank you for you reply.

The old path was like c:\tenant-a\aspnetcoreapp and the new one c:\tenant-b\aspnetcoreapp.

Today, I reconfigured the new host by using the same directory-structure and now it seems to work.

But I‘m not happy with that, because currently I have 2 VMs with 2 different customers.
    Meanwhile my app is multitenant. I want to kick 1 VM and migrate one customer to the other vm by using the same installation.
    The directory is on the new VM different, so his prevents the apps from understanding each other's protected payloads and all users are logged out.

Tuesday, May 26, 2020 9:06 AM