Problems with authentication using VWD RRS feed

• Question

• I am having alot of problems trying to setup authentication.  I am using VWD and SQLExpress 2005.  I was following a tutorial and managed to get a user created.  When I attempted to login I always get failed.  There is no way that I can see to debug this.  If there is a problem would it not be usefull to the developer to know what the problem is.  I understand why the control will not indicate to the user what the problem is but when debugging I would think that I should be given better error information.  Due to another problem, I had to reboot and when I tried again with the Web Site Administration Tool I then get the following:

An error was encountered. Please return to the previous page and try again.

The following message may help in diagnosing the problem: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: virtualPath at System.Web.VirtualPath.Create(String virtualPath, VirtualPathOptions options) at System.Web.VirtualPath.CreateAbsolute(String virtualPath) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Hosting.ApplicationManager.CreateObject(String appId, Type type, String virtualPath, String physicalPath, Boolean failIfExists, Boolean throwOnError) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.CreateConfigurationHelper() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminRemotingManager.get_ConfigurationHelperInstance() at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.GetWebAdminMembershipProviderHelperProperty(String propertyName) at System.Web.Administration.WebAdminMembershipProvider.get_RequiresQuestionAndAnswer() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.get_QuestionAndAnswerRequired() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.UpdateValidators() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.CreateUserWizard.CreateChildControls() at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnInit(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any ideas ???

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 9:46 PM

Answers

•  

Looks like you have every thing installed correctly and the problem is related to the security systems inside the ASP.Net and VWD systems. You should post your questions on the http://fourms.asp.net as this is where most of the asp.net teams hang out.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 10:24 PM