Pass Azure Key Vault secrets without hard coding to ADF pipeline RRS feed

• Question

• My requirement is to capture the activity runs by passing the ADF pipeline runID, however the microsoft API requires first to pass an authorization header along with (Tenant, subscription, resourcegroup, datafactory name etc). To get the authorization header I am using a web activity to authorize using oauth2 by passing clientId, clientSecret and TenantId. I would like to pass these values from Azure Key vault without hardcoding. How can I do this?

Based on your suggestion, it looks like I need to use 3 activities - Azure function to get key vault secrets for Tenant, Subscription etc. 2nd a web activity to get the access token (by passing Tenant, Subscription, Client credentials etc from previous activity), 3rd a copy activity to call the rest API (for activity runs) and pass the bearer token as an authorization header from Web activity and copy it to DB.

I am sure there is a simpler way to do this.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 1:58 PM

All replies

• Hello , 

We do have some integration of KV with the copy activity( not with web or REST )  , but as this appears as of now that's the way to go . I am reaching out to the internal team to see if they some other idea . I will let you know once I hear back from them .

Thanks Himanshu

Thursday, October 31, 2019 10:24 PM