Add DLL reference in the Pre-build event RRS feed

• Question

• The problem I am having is that I need to reference a dll this is rebuilt every hour and are placed into a unique directory. So every couple hours I have to go to the newest directory and reference that dll for mt project.

What I did so far is created a script that can find the most recent dll in the right directory using the pre-build event. The only problem is I cannot figure out how to reference the dlls in the pre-build event.

Does anyone got any ideas?

I am using visual studio and i am making a windows form app.
    Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Ncaa,

I'm not sure I understood you clearly. If I misunderstood you, please let me know.

Based on my understanding, you are developing a project which need some dlls that are generated in different directories of different verison name. If so, you can create a new directory in your project directory, and in project add the dlls in this directory as reference. In pre-Build Event, use copy task to copy newest dlls to this directory.

For your reference, please see following link, maybe it's helpful:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds.mspx?mfr=true

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:13 AM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Ncaa,

I'm not sure I understood you clearly. If I misunderstood you, please let me know.

Based on my understanding, you are developing a project which need some dlls that are generated in different directories of different verison name. If so, you can create a new directory in your project directory, and in project add the dlls in this directory as reference. In pre-Build Event, use copy task to copy newest dlls to this directory.

For your reference, please see following link, maybe it's helpful:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/ntcmds.mspx?mfr=true

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Marked as answer by Nancy Shao Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:13 AM
    Monday, March 15, 2010 8:10 AM
  • Hi Ncaa,

If my reply does not help you, please feel free to unmark it and update this thread.

Best Regards,
    Nancy

Thursday, March 18, 2010 2:14 AM