HV Handshake for offline applications.... RRS feed

• Question

• On the HealthVault page about Offline access there is a section at the bottom about Handshake for offline applications however it is a bit vague about the "register" identifier.

I am trying to work out the exact steps necessary and what the sequence of the events are (and related API calls) to connect an Offline application.

"... we have added a platform feature where the offline system can "register" an identifier that lets them know who a person is with HealthVault, and HealthVault would return a validation code to the system. The user could then go to HealthVault, select the appropriate application, and enter that validation code, which would be recorded"

The questions are as follows:

• Would I not have to create a portal application to do this? as it implies I just had out a code.
    • Do I generate the identifier that is registered? and is therefore person specific?
    • The user is then taking the code I gave them and going to their Health Vault system and finding our app and entering the code?
    • I can later query new validations for the offline application using and then match the identifier originally handed out and the user typed in thereby obtaining the User and Record ID's which I need to get the information from the system.

I don't think I have seen any sample of this and I am not sure but I think that there is no code necessary for this other than to generate an identifier which I can then store and match later on.

Is this assumption correct? Can anybody shed any light on this - the project is trying to create a plugin to a system which will integrate with another system.

Any information or help is welcomed, and thanks in advance for any help...

Zabeard

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Zabeard,

There is no good answer for your questions without knowing which application architecture your HealthVault applications is going to use. If you can elaborate a bit about what you are trying to do I can point you in the right direction.

Thanks

-Sean 

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 10:33 PM