Azure based software architecture RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to create a web based application. It would be a kind of statistics. The user can upload files into the software, the data is processed and later the UI displays the processed data.

I realized that I need a web role for the website. A worker role to process the files. A database to store the processed data.

What I do not really know which communication channel to use. I've checked the service bus but the message is limited to 64 kb (48). There is a blob storage as well for larger files.

Should the web instance save the files into a blob and then notify the worker role via service bus that there is a new file to be processed?

Sorry for the beginner question but I would like to make sure that I start with the best architecture.

Could you please review my architecture and let me know whether it should be changed or not?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:16 AM

Answers

• uploading to blob storage and writing to a queue to notify a worker role or even an Azure WebJobs should be fine.

if you would like to look at common cloud design patterns, i suggest you have a look at : Cloud Design Patterns

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 10:38 AM