Best License option. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I a have web api hosted in onpremise and exposing it to cloud on azure application proxy. then we will use these api on Mobile app. we have also used Intune for mobile app installation. for authentication we use azure AD. 

Note this setup is in customer control. including  azure and intune.

Now we wanted to know how this software is by our customer.

what should be best possible solution for licensing.

Based on no of user and No of feature customer is using.

is there any service is in azure I can use and we have go with custom licensing solution.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:14 AM

All replies

• In Azure you really don't have to worry about licensing unless you are using Virtual Machines, which does not appear to be the case here.  You just need to worry about the cost of what you are using.

So if you host your API in an Azure Web App you just have to worry about how much that API is being used.  You don't have to pay a certain amount of money to license the Web App.

Gary A. Bushey

Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:49 PM
  • sorry I was not clear enough. it is not about azure licensing.

Here My scenario is. we have developed a software and will give this to my customers which they will host in their own azure and use their intranet.

now we want to limit how many customer user can  use this application and which feature. for this we wanted to check if there is any license we can use to achieve this or we have to use custom code.

Friday, October 6, 2017 12:05 PM
  • Azure does not have a licensing feature that you can use for this, you would need to develop your own.

Gary A. Bushey

Friday, October 6, 2017 1:48 PM