User Voice - Update for EW4 SP2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• In light of the arrival of Service Pack 2 and a number of features that address requests and suggestions made at User Voice, may I suggest that the community revisit its votes?

See https://expressionweb.uservoice.com/forums/90075-general.

Remember, if you remove votes from an item that has been addressed by a subequent release of the product, you can apply those votes elsewhere.

Will
    Baltimore, MD USA - www.fastie.com
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 3:11 PM

All replies

• Some of these ideas have no merit at all. Like adding an instant WordPress button. I wish I could give that idea a negative vote and harvest the value to give to an idea with more merit.
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:03 PM
  • You can comment on the suggestions, which is actually more useful than a negative vote, since you can explain your reasoning.
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 9:49 PM
  • Like Kathy I use the comment ability to indicate why I think some of the suggestions are not a good idea.
    Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Saturday, July 16, 2011 11:56 PM
  • Gee, I hadn't thought of that. You two are so much smarter than me. I guess that's why you get paid the big bucks.
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:16 AM
  • Gee, I hadn't thought of that. You two are so much smarter than me. I guess that's why you get paid the big bucks.

Wait, Kathy gets "big bucks"? Where are mine?
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 1:36 AM
  • It's easy to miss your MVP checks -- they are sticky-posted to the back of the thank-you letter that you get from Microsoft each month for handling all the technical problems the MS sends on to this forum.  By sticky-posting them to the back of the letter instead of using a paper clip or staple, it is a whole lot less obvious that you check is attached to the back. I only know all this because of  a special situation.

You just gotta be a little more observant.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    LawOfAllTheLand.org -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Arvixe -- My favored web host
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 11:27 AM
  • FWIW, neither Kathy nor I are MVPs. I resigned in part as a protest to the awarding of an MVP to someone I considered to be unqualified for the "expert" part of the description, especially when others who are far more qualified were not offered the award. I'll leave you to figure out if you choose who belongs in each of those categories. <g>

Sunday, July 17, 2011 2:12 PM
  • That's an interesting bit of gossip Cheryl. nageV is MVP I think. Sort of dilutes the meaning doesn't it.

MVP = Most Veracious Promoter

Sunday, July 17, 2011 4:24 PM
  • Wow, Cheryl.

I'm sorry that you felt the need to do that. but good for you for taking a principled stand about the MVP process.

I've been bothered by the Facebookification of the recognition system. I think, as others have already stated, that points should be forum-specific; it keeps new users from being led astray by someone who may have gained all their points (and their MVP status) in a totally different discipline.

Glad you're still around, even as a member of the hoi polloi.

It's not the heat; it's the stupidity.
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 6:46 PM
  • Bill,

The reason I'm "still" around is the same reason I have always been and the one that originally got me the MVP award. The same reason that had Adobe give me the Adobe Community Expert designation for a couple of years. I believe in helping others because of the help I received when I started doing this stuff back in 1993-94. If you or anyone else wants to continue this discussion I think it would be more appropraite to move it elsewhere. An approriate place would be the Coffee House section of my forum http://expressionwebforum.com/index.php/board,12.0.html 

Note: due to an increase of fly by posting spam any one with a newly created account will have to bear with a capcha for their first few posts. If one of the moderators recognize your posting handle they'll remove you from the capcha required list quickly.

I'm not a fan of social forums "recognition" system. Something that includes as many different things as this one is not helpful to me at all. If it were forum by forum it might make some sense but tying it to everythiing in the Microsoft world including blogs, downloads, and who knows what else simply isn't useful in determining how much someone knows about the subject of the forum they are currently participating in.

• Edited by Cheryl D Wise Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:54 PM added note
    Sunday, July 17, 2011 8:51 PM
  • Some of these ideas have no merit at all. Like adding an instant WordPress button. I wish I could give that idea a negative vote and harvest the value to give to an idea with more merit.

TB, that's just a cheap way to try to finagle more votes for yourself.

Seriously, the junk usually percolates to the bottom. That would be even more apparent if more members of this community visited and voted.

Will
    Baltimore, MD USA - www.fastie.com
    Monday, July 18, 2011 2:19 PM