none
Integration with Key Vault

Question

• I am converting my Data Factory Linked Services to use Secrets in the Azure Key Vault but have a question on how to pull the correct connection strings out of Data Factory.  Is there not an easy way to grab connection strings from existing Linked Services in the Data Factory v2?  If you view code of the Linked Services the connection strings are hidden via asterisks.  I can figure out the connection strings and manually create them but it seems like there should be a way to view them in the Data Factory via Portal. 

Friday, June 8, 2018 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Actually we are working on that, trying to make connection string plain text except for the credential part. Please stay tuned.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Marked as answer by FrankMn Monday, June 11, 2018 1:56 PM
    Sunday, June 10, 2018 5:30 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, you cannot see the credentials in plain text once you set it in the ADF UI. This is by design to ensure your credential safety, especially when multiple users are accessing the same Data Factory. 
    Friday, June 8, 2018 4:02 PM
  • Thanks for the response.  I understand the need to mask the password and hostname even, but it would be nice if it showed the connection string format and masked the sensitive parts so I don't have to look up every connection type's connection string format.  
    Friday, June 8, 2018 4:12 PM
  • Hi Frank,

Actually we are working on that, trying to make connection string plain text except for the credential part. Please stay tuned.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Marked as answer by FrankMn Monday, June 11, 2018 1:56 PM
    Sunday, June 10, 2018 5:30 AM
  • Great to hear.  This will save us time from having to do extra steps to gather this!
    Monday, June 11, 2018 1:57 PM