Expression 3 crashing when closing tab RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Expression Blend Version 3.0.1921.0  with great excitement, but now I am rather disappointed. It is virtually impossible to work with this version although the new features are really great.

First, I opened a big project that I have been doing in Blend 2.5 Preview, but it crashes all the time. For example if I open a xaml page and then click on the x of the tab to close it, Blend will just 'vanish'.

When I work for a while with a few open pages in the designer, the cursor periodically freezes (I have found that in Preview 2.5 as well, it seems when you change things in the ui blend tries to update in  fixed periods  its ui in the background which freezes the ui, I thought that will be resolved in the final release, but it isn´t).

I tried to create a WpfSketchFlow application and put an effect on a button inside an animation which resulted in an Exception.

I installed Blend 3 on a Computer that had VS2008 and Blend 2 installed and when I created a sketch flow app I got a compiler error when I tried to start the project because some assemblies where missing (I think it was the Prototyping.resources.dll)

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a ServicePack?
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:55 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for reporting these issues to us. Regarding the first issue (Blend crashes when closing the document) could you provide a few more details that could help us with the investigation? What kind of project do you use, is it Silverlight or WPF? Could you launch Blend.exe from a command prompt with the /ExceptionLog argument and copy paste the error information you get when you make it crash by closing the document?

blend.exe /ExceptionLog

It would be extremely helpful if you could send us the project where you encounter this error at adrianv at microsoft dot com.

Regarding the sketchflow errors you mention, do you encounter the same problems on both your machines? Could you give us more details that could help us in our investigation (explain the steps to get to the error, tell us more details about the exception or the compilation error you see).

Thanks,
    Adrian
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 7:56 AM
  • Regarding the SketchFlow errors, you could try uninstalling Blend3 and the Blend SDK (Seperate uninstalls) and then reinstall Blend3 to see if this fixes the issue.
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 8:18 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks,

well i can't do nothing it starts and crushes imediatly after i push something.
    This is what the error says:

Description:

Stopped working

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01: expressionweb.exe

Problem Signature 02: 3.0.1762.0

Problem Signature 03: 4a5de873

Problem Signature 04: PresentationCore

Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0

Problem Signature 06: 498d25f5

Problem Signature 07: b21