I need to get into CMD before start up [BSOD after boot] [FIXED]

Question

• Hello, anyone who has a answer to my problem?

(BSOD - Black Screen of Death)
    Ok so I has to get into Cmd to get rid of the black screen..
    I already know how to loose BSOD but to do so i have to get into cmd. 
    Now BSOD is a common issue for me because of the computer i have.. but it have always been relatively simple to get rid of
    After i have done a Clean Install i simply get into Safemode and then into CMD and from cmd i delete the files to get rid of the Black Screen

anyway i cant get into Safemode as it is not enabled from start (?)
    so without getting to cmd i can not fix my issue. 

When i start the computer it works fine, i get the new Windows Developer Loading but as soon as it is loaded i get the black screen.
    its not a black picture, its just that the screen shuts off at log in.  

I have tried to put in a Win7 CD but it does not boot the CD at start.
    so is there anyway to get into cmd or safemode from the beginning? 

Help would be verry appreciated!

• Edited by Cynic3 Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:22 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• The new BSOD is blue with a smiley. Are you sure you're getting a stop error? If so, what error do you get? Have you dried enabling startup modes from msconfig? Try setting the Safe boot checkbox for the Windows Developer Preview boot record. The following options may be of your interest:

Safe boot: Alternate shell. On startup, opens the Windows command prompt in safe mode running only critical system services. Networking and the graphical user interface are disabled.

Boot log. Stores all information from the startup process in the file %SystemRoot%Ntbtlog.txt.

OS boot information. Shows driver names as drivers are being loaded during the startup process.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:38 AM
  • Im not getting a stop error, but i cant  check safe boot and how do I get into msconfig? I cant acsess the os after loading bar
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:47 AM
  • On Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:11:45 +0000, Cynic3 wrote:

(BSOD - Black Screen of Death)
    Ok so I has to get into Cmd to get rid of the black screen.. I already know how to loose BSOD but to do so i have to get into cmd.?
    Now BSOD is a common issue for me because of the computer i have.. but it have always been?relatively?simple to get rid of
    After i have done a Clean Install i simply get into Safemode and then into CMD and from cmd i delete the files to get rid of the Black Screen

Try pressing SHIFT+F8 during the boot process.

Keep in mind that even if you manage to boot to a command window there's no
    guarantee that what worked for your problem in Windows 7 is going to work
    in Windows 8.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Identity Lifecycle Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    People who deal with bits should expect to get bitten.  -- Jon Bentley

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:01 AM
  • Oh Thank you verry much! at least i got up the cmd!

Well ofcourse now when i tried it, it didnt work. 
    Maybe anyone of you know how I can delete these two files via the CMD:

NVLDDMKM.SYS and ATIKMDAG.SYS

when i tried (DEL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\NVLDDMKM.SYS) it said: --is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Any ideas how I can delete these two files from my computer? 

EDIT: So i located the files in safemode but i cant delete them, it says that I dont have permission, I need permission from TrustedInstaller  and SYSTEM.. any ideas how to override permission?
    • Edited by Cynic3 Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:32 AM
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:17 AM
  • You will not be able to delete files owned by the 'Trusted installer'.

On a working computer, download the small Puppy Linux ISO file, here http://puppylinux.org/main/index.php?file=Overview%20and%20Getting%20Started.htm

Restart the unbootable computer and boot from it. Wait a little while for it to load and copy its files to RAM. When the Desktop appears, your drives will appear along the bottom of the screen, e.g. FD0, SDA1, SDB1, SR0, etc. Go to the relevant location and remove the spurious files.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 2:42 PM
  • Modifying your Windows installation with Linux tools is not recommended since those tools do not use official APIs and thus can damage your NTFS filesystem. Furthermore, it is likely that they haven't yet been updated to work with Windows 8.

Instead, use the takeown command to take ownership of the file owned by 'Trusted Installer' and then del should be able to delete the file. If you're not certain those are the files to delete, you can also rename them temporarily to NVLDDMKM.SYS.OLD or similar.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Unless NTFS has undergone some unknown changes since Windows 7, you will have no problem at all in deleting files using Linux. I do, however, agree that it is better to use rename rather than delete.

EDIT

In case anyone is apprehensive about using Linux for file management in Windows 8, I have just carried out the following experiments:

1. In Windows 8, I created two Notepad files in the root folder. Bear in mind that Linux sees all Windows files as ‘data’, so care has to be exercised when deleting, renaming, copying, etc.

2. I then booted to a September 2010 Puppy Linux CD (129MB). I deleted one of the files and renamed the other.

3. I’m now in Windows 8 and have deleted the file that I renamed, the other one was obviously deleted properly as it is nowhere to be found. Everything is behaving itself properly.

4. I never use Linux for anything other than deleting so-called ‘undeletable’ files and for recovering data from a non-booting system.

Lastly, if you’re unfamiliar with Puppy Linux, use single-click for access, not double and when you’ve finished with it, click Menu (bottom left) > Shut down > Reboot computer and DO NOT save anything.

• Edited by BurrWalnut Wednesday, September 21, 2011 6:15 PM Carried out a test
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Thanks for the help everybody!
    I deleted the sys files via a program called Unlocker, it worked like a charm.
    So my computer is fully working and i can now enjoy Win 8  

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Glad you have it solved.

Could you please share with us who did you manage to use Unlocker when this is requires the USER32 subsystem? Did you manage to use icacls to reset owner and regain full access to files

icacls <filesystemobject> /setowner "user@domain.example"

icacls <filesystemobject> /g "user@domain.example":F

How did you manage to run Unlocker when you were unable to run Windows?

Or have you possibly managed to add TrustedInstaller service SID, which is: S-1-5-80-956008885-3418522649-1831038044-1853292631-2271478464?

Thank you.

Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 2:33 PM